• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    That actually sucked. That would be what I call an 'assembly' not a gunsmith build. He has a bunch of parts and just half-ass throws em together. Weak

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    It's a good instructional video. May be nothing earth shattering in it, but it is helpful for someone new to assembly that just needs to see how everything goes together. No reason for the rude comments. Thanks for the link.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Great video. When I got my first AR I was clueless how everything went together. I took the dive and built the lower myself and learned a lot. I was still intimidated by the upper so I bought a complete. Now onto my second build and I have the lower finished and am working to get all the parts for the upper (waiting on the barrel and handguard now). This is a nice simple video on how it all works together. Great for new AR owners, even if they bought complete. Nice to know how the gun works and the parts fit together.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    That actually sucked. That would be what I call an 'assembly' not a gunsmith build. He has a bunch of parts and just half-ass throws em together. Weak
    Thank you for your constructive critisim. I will be awaiting your video to show us how it should be done.

dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    Hey I do apologize for being rude on your post. I know everyone has to learn somehow and that's why I said it was just an assembly of a bunch of parts. I expected more from a gunsmiths how-to video. I have seen several people at the range that have their comps on upside down and when I told them they had no idea because the video they watched on the Internet didn't cover it. I know I'm not known for my tact but videos like this just kinda scare me because he didn't talk about the importance of headspaceing which may cause someone to get hurt if they skip this step and happen to have a long chamber. So I apologize for being harsh and not explaining why I felt that way. I would have liked to have seen headspaceing actually covered not just mentioned briefly, upper trueing, comp timing and barrel extension feed ramps matching upper receiver (M4 ramped receiver and standard ramped extention = no-go) covered in this kind of video.

Last edited:

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Hey I do apologize for being rude on your post. I know everyone has to learn somehow and that's why I said it was just an assembly of a bunch of parts. I expected more from a gunsmiths how-to video. I have seen several people at the range that have their comps on upside down and when I told them they had no idea because the video they watched on the Internet didn't cover it. I know I'm not known for my tact but videos like this just kinda scare me because he didn't talk about the importance of headspaceing which may cause someone to get hurt if they skip this step and happen to have a long chamber. So I apologize for being harsh and not explaining why I felt that way. I would have liked to have seen headspaceing actually covered not just mentioned briefly, upper trueing, comp timing and barrel extension feed ramps matching upper receiver (M4 ramped receiver and standard ramped extention = no-go) covered in this kind of video.
    Fair enough!

Top Bottom