• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My reasoning for not getting another TLR is very simple. Every time I put my rifle down, the light rests up against something and pushes the rocker arm to turn it on. I have to move it around instead of tossing it inside. It's done it multiple times. I would prefer to get away from the rocker arm.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Im also looking for a light for my AR, Ive got a TLR-1 for my sig and ive mounted it on my AR and dont like it. After alot of reasearch I think the Surefire M300 on a HSP drong wing mount is the way to go. Now to actually get the money around. :spend:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My reasoning for not getting another TLR is very simple. Every time I put my rifle down, the light rests up against something and pushes the rocker arm to turn it on. I have to move it around instead of tossing it inside. It's done it multiple times. I would prefer to get away from the rocker arm.
    They make a plastic shroud you can put on your light to keep that from happening

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've used a few different configurations. Here are a few of my favorites and why:

1. Either a Surefire P2x Fury or G2x in a Gear Sector offset mount at 11:00. Doesn't take up a lot of real estate, easily accessed by thumb during both strong and support hand firing. And you can remove it to use it just as easily as a hand held.
    2. WML mounted in front of front BUIS at 12:00. An 11:00 mounting feels very ergonomic, but not very feasible when shooting support side. WMLs also have a battery drainage issue. So you have to unscrew the head during storage if you want the battery to last. I see this as a major downfall.
    3. Surefire Scout with tapeswitch. The quality is undeniable, but comes at a price. But not as feasible if you need to take it off and use it as a hand held. Also, the tape switch can take up a decent amount of real estate depending on the length of your handguard.

IMG_4715.JPG

Also, on the surefire handhelds, I much prefer the 'Tactical' models so that I can use the momentary and always have control of the beam.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I had a Surefire 6px pro on my SBR but it liked to change between settings every time you pulled the trigger. So, the pro became my handheld and I got the 6px defender. Problem solved. Works great on my .308 SBR.

Last edited:

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    6852496204_59a578ae84_b.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Options; there are plenty...

Inforce with a TangoDown FFA. The FFA is designed for a Surefire X300 (NOT the Ultra), but unlike the X300, you can change the battery in the Inforce without removing the FFA.

Surefire in a LaRue mount

Surefire in a Magpul M-Lok mount

Surefire Scout head and tailcap on an Arisaka 2 cell body and Arisaka KeyMod mount

Surefire Scout with Vampire head on a propritary Geissele mount

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom