gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^^^ yup. yup. yup.

also currently using vtac, but brand doesn't so much matter. 2 point lets you keep control of the gun and carry in several positions. quick adjustability allows it to provide stability for better accuracy.

1 points are ball/knee busters when moving.
    3 point are spider webs waiting to tangle you up and can be a mess to adjust/convert.

I like my 2 point tied to the back/top of the stock and side of the fore-end.
    -rvb

This is how I rig mine also. I have a piece of paracord for tying around the stock. This keeps the rifle right side up when I let it down.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    This is how I rig mine also. I have a piece of paracord for tying around the stock. This keeps the rifle right side up when I let it down.

to be a little more specific, I like them on the left side of the front end, and right side of the stock (like bwframe shows). on stocks that don't have a sling mount like in his picture, I thread the sling through the slot and use the buckle on the backside as a stop. I don't actually wrap it around the top or back of the stock.

having it come out the right side like that means less likely to have the sling wrap up on the stock when transitioning to weak side (ie less likely to get choked by my own sling).

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    to be a little more specific, I like them on the left side of the front end, and right side of the stock (like bwframe shows). on stocks that don't have a sling mount like in his picture, I thread the sling through the slot and use the buckle on the backside as a stop. I don't actually wrap it around the top or back of the stock.

having it come out the right side like that means less likely to have the sling wrap up on the stock when transitioning to weak side (ie less likely to get choked by my own sling).

-rvb

Side question... when you transition to support shoulder, do you always swap hand positions, or have you tried keeping your strong hand on the controls and firing that way?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Those who have been meaning to attend an appleseed or Revere's Riders event, please make the time to do so.
    I know life gets in the way... but it will enlighten you.... especially when it comes to the sling. You will make strides in ways you cannot imagine.
    Even if you don't walk away with huge improvement in shooting that event, you will walk away with new found knowledge to improve from here on out.

I guarantee it. Don't just take my word for it. Anyone else who's participated would attest to what I've stated.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I prefer 2 point, I use a padded Vickers sling with BCM QDs. I attach one end to the rear of my butt stock the other to a point just forward of the receiver on my KMR. I also have another QD mount at the end of the KMR towards the muzzle that is helpful for wrapping the sling around my arm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My work guns all have Midwest Industries rails. Love the convenience of built in QD mount points, 3 at the muzzle, 2 at the receiver.

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    I use both VTAC and Blue Force, all in a two point connection with Bravo Company QDs for the most part - Couple of rifles have Magpul QDs. I really like the quick cinch and release on the VTACs. Here are a couple pics of my rifles with their VTACs on them.

dd5v2_white.jpg

web_01.png

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bumping this thread because I just ordered 4 of the STI 2-point slings.

I've got 2 ARs and 2 shotguns that need slings right now. Looking for consistency across all long guns. The STIs seem like they mimic the cuff style of the basic GI sling I have on my 10/22.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    ^^^^ yup. yup. yup.

also currently using vtac, but brand doesn't so much matter. 2 point lets you keep control of the gun and carry in several positions. quick adjustability allows it to provide stability for better accuracy.

1 points are ball/knee busters when moving.
    3 point are spider webs waiting to tangle you up and can be a mess to adjust/convert.

I like my 2 point tied to the back/top of the stock and side of the fore-end.
    -rvb

Likewise. Not exactly inventive on my part to use a Magpul PS4 into a Bravo QD on the rail and QD opposite side of DD buttstock.

But it works.

The only thing I could ever see a single point for is a really short AR pistol build or a PDW type gun with a short barrel. Even then it would be short enough not to tangle the jewels up. So you have a single point at the RE QD, for example, on an AR pistol. You loop it over one shoulder and your head like a bandolier. I could see this being a huge stability improver with a pistol.

Other than that, I see no point.

Three point slings I see no value in whatsoever in any way.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I personally like the blue force gear slings. I have a MS4 and MS3 that are unused if anyone want to buy one and or trade for a BFG. I had a couple of the magpul slings I've given to family members and junk after I got used to the BFG slings I just found myself never wanting to use the Magpul options. I can see why they are popular though with all of the options they provide.

I second the Vickers BFG slings. I just bought my first one; it's got tightly woven material, has a nice easy-adjusting loop and worked great so far!

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I really like the Magpul MS1 slings. I have 2, a padded and non-padded. I also have a Vicker's VTAC, a couple of Condor Speedy slings, and a Tactical Link single point on my AR Pistol. I prefer a 2 point for most applications. I have a Spec-Ops brand 3 point that I used in Iraq, but do not use it anymore.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Three point slings were all the hotness way back when, I had one, a real expensive one, by Spectre Gear, and it always reminded me of a sex swing apparatus!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I had a three point sling on an Armalite when I first started Shooting ARs. Carry handle and a 3 point slings. I miss that gun.

Top Bottom