• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I use the same 3 point I had on both deployments for my M4 clone. I also have another I got in my second deployment on my other A3 clone.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Magpul MS4. QD into the rail in front of the receiver, and QD into SOPMOD stock point. Th slider is easy to grip and manipulate.

I punted and got the MS4 because I was balking at the Savvy Sniper price.

For my Mk18-inspired build, I will pony up for the Savvy Sniper.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Saw a guy's SBR the other day with an HSP sling, and besides the fact that it's Travis Haley and over priced, I'm Interested in trying one out!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My work rifles have the VTAC and Blue Force Gear two point slings on them. My personal rifles have Blue Force Gear slings. The adjustable two point slings are great as you can adjust them for shooting and them pull them up tight when you are doing other things (climbing/running/walking/arresting someone).

I can't stand single point slings personally and don't see how they're particularly useful. I used one for a while and they're fine when you're standing around at the range. They suck when you're trying to actually use them in the real world. There are work arounds for my main complaint of the single point (a loose rifle dangling around), but having to attach a bungie cord to gear to help secure a rifle when doing other things is just a bandaid for a better fix, which is a two point sling. Of course, that's just my opinion.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Part of the reason I prefer the MS4 is the versatility of QD contact points. I like having the option to change to a USGI type configuration with a couple of contact point changes.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have tried so many slings it's silly, buy one run it for a class, sell it and buy another lol. I always seem to come back to the padded Vickers 2 point with a single point adapter on it. Not the best single point set up but if I need it the option is there and I have found very few instances where I actually want or need the single point.

my second favorite which surprised me a bit is the Haley. it's a very nice sling also. I buy most my stuff used off exchanges and even then the Haley are still expensive lol.

I like the magpul ms4 but after running around for several hours keeping the gun on the whole time I just prefer the padded slings to keep from cutting in on me

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been using a Blackhawk Dieter CQD sling on my AR since before most of the slings mentioned here existed commercially. It works as a single point primarily with a little bit of bungee on both ends. You can also make it into a 2-point as well, but it's not as easy to adjust as the more modern VTAC or Vickers/BFG slings.

I do have a VTAC wide padded on my .308 bolt rifle.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    My AR is currently supporting an original VTAC sling. I like the simple 2 point sling and that length is quickly adjustable. I also use it for stability when shooting prone or kneeling.

^^^^ yup. yup. yup.

also currently using vtac, but brand doesn't so much matter. 2 point lets you keep control of the gun and carry in several positions. quick adjustability allows it to provide stability for better accuracy.

1 points are ball/knee busters when moving.
    3 point are spider webs waiting to tangle you up and can be a mess to adjust/convert.

I like my 2 point tied to the back/top of the stock and side of the fore-end.
    -rvb

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    ^^^^ yup. yup. yup.

also currently using vtac, but brand doesn't so much matter. 2 point lets you keep control of the gun and carry in several positions. quick adjustability allows it to provide stability for better accuracy.

1 points are ball/knee busters when moving.
    3 point are spider webs waiting to tangle you up and can be a mess to adjust/convert.

I like my 2 point tied to the back/top of the stock and side of the fore-end.
    -rvb

Exactly how mine is rigged.

Top Bottom