• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Magpul MS4. QD into the rail in front of the receiver, and QD into SOPMOD stock point. Th slider is easy to grip and manipulate.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Magpul MS3 QD single point into the receiver. Easy to carry all day and swing out of the way when doing other things.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Are you talking about a "sling" = carrying strap, or are you talking about a "sling" = shooting device that can also carry the rifle?

I'm not being pedantic, because the difference can be really significant in how one equips themselves.

SHOOTING slings for AR's start at a Leather 1907 and end up at a cuff-and-clip tactical design from somebody like Tactical Intervention.

Carrying straps start at a length of paracord.

Do you want 3 point? 2 point? Ching setup? Am I speaking Greek?

-Nate

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally like the blue force gear slings. I have a MS4 and MS3 that are unused if anyone want to buy one and or trade for a BFG. I had a couple of the magpul slings I've given to family members and junk after I got used to the BFG slings I just found myself never wanting to use the Magpul options. I can see why they are popular though with all of the options they provide.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My AR is currently supporting an original VTAC sling. I like the simple 2 point sling and that length is quickly adjustable. I also use it for stability when shooting prone or kneeling.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I use a 1 1/4 inch wide m1907 type sling, perfect for national match shooting or carry.....if you go this route, 56 inch minimum,mine is a 60 inch long .....I got mine from champion shooter supply at camp perry......or use a Turner sling, maybe slightly better then my sling I use.

These are all leather and once your slung up,these slings do not come loose

Aaron

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have a magpul single pt for the sbr, and no idea how to use the damn thing.

otherwise, I'm old school cotton web gi sling on my field rifles (not limited to ar's). I should try one of those fancy leather ones sometime

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I use a MS-4 on one of my AR's. The one for classes and if I do any run and gun. I have it on a QD on the front top of my hand guard and a piece of para-cord tying it to my fixed stock. That allows the rifle to easily hang right side up if I switch to my sidearm.

I would like to try a BFG one day.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    otherwise, I'm old school cotton web gi sling on my field rifles (not limited to ar's). I should try one of those fancy leather ones sometime

I used the old trusty GIWEB sling for a long time, I finally spent the cash on a leather sling.....wow,what a difference.....I wish I had done it years ago.....but,that being 9,a buddy of mine made the President's Hundred using a Web sling......

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It's funny that this came up today. I spent quite a bit of time this morning researching slings, basically trying to figure out the ones I already have. I've never really been a sling guy. I used one in the military, but don't spend much time humping a rifle around these days. I don't have any guns that wear a sling.

I'm taking several rifles on an upcoming hog hunting trip, and was spending time this morning, making sure I can sling all of the guns I'm taking.

I honestly had no idea what I had, and didnt really know the difference between the different styles. It turns out I have a variety. Several military style 2 points, that come with any Colt rifle. An HK, convertible 2 point, that becomes a 3 point, and a single point bungee.

Nothing fancy, as I've never intentionally bought one, they just came with guns I purchased.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have 7 vtac slings, ive played with others but i always come back to the vtac. i have them on my plinking guns and my work gun. My dad uses a leather sling on the AR he has hes not really a sling guy but he likes it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Are you talking about a "sling" = carrying strap, or are you talking about a "sling" = shooting device that can also carry the rifle?

I'm not being pedantic, because the difference can be really significant in how one equips themselves.

SHOOTING slings for AR's start at a Leather 1907 and end up at a cuff-and-clip tactical design from somebody like Tactical Intervention.

Carrying straps start at a length of paracord.

Do you want 3 point? 2 point? Ching setup? Am I speaking Greek?

-Nate

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Urban ERT here, I also have a few ms3 slings that are ok but I don't like them as well.

Plus an Indiana owned company.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I use basic Blackhawk slings I got for under 10 bucks, on most of my rifles. I have one Colt cotton standard military sling I got for about 3 bucks, and one basic Magpul two point sling. I like them all, but really like the Magpul, just because it is stealth gray and matches the furniture on my Ingo AR. :abused:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive been using the MS4 slings on my primary carbine and like it quite well. With that said id really like to try one of the V-tac slings...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What do you use? Pictures, preferences, and experiences would be helpful.

$3 gun show sling. Get the soft ones as they cling better.

The Timmy Tactical crap gets all dicked up and I have seen guys stuff them into mag wells or get hooked on door knobs.

Simple is better.

I do use Rhodesian slings for the ARs with optics, my "DMRs".

Top Bottom