• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bosaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Gels,

I've owned both AR-15's and a Judge. I've also shot both. I sold my Judge to a buddy because I bought a Governor. I've shot it too.

After reading some posts here, I found a few inaccuracies; specifically one about the Judge and PDX Defender rounds. The rifled barrel in the Judge works great with the Hornady Critical Defense .45 LC rounds as well as the PDX Defender .410 rounds. Judge's typically have about a 3" barrel. You're not typically going to be shooting 100 yards with a 3" barrel. The spread of the 3 plated defense discs and 12 BB's in the PDX Defender rounds with that 3" rifled barrel is less than what I thought it would be. I walked off 5 paces from a target (approximately 15 feet) and engaged the target. The 3 discs did what I call a 'mickey mouse' in between the target's eyes. The 12 BB's where all within the face area.

The recoil of the Judge is stout but not unmanageable even for a 10 year old girl. Yes, my niece shot it and did fine. But I will say after shooting all 5 rounds in a rather rapid succession, the webbing between my thumb and pointer finger had a particular warmth. The warmth was similar to what you may feel after catching a stick from a mis-guided teenager striking at a piñata.

Other than training, HD plans, ballistics, recoil, penetration, cavitation, capacity, etc., etc.; The biggest factor in choosing the right weapon for what ever you're doing is by far 'personal preference'. But in order to prefer one over the other, you need to shoot each one, train with each one, and become intimately familiar with each one.

I wouldn't rule out an AR or Judge as the best HD weapon for you, because only you can make that determination. I would recommend finding people who have the weapons you are considering and hope they let you shoot them to get a better feel.

Best Regards,
    Bosaw

Top Bottom