AR-15 inventor would be horrified and sickened.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Assets retain their value, even after you purchase them. I can't afford to simply throw away such assets. If you don't agree, give me your car (or truck, as the case may be), your house, your guns, etc. Everything you own. After all, you paid for it; money out the door. No more value in those items whatsoever, right?.
    What is your "proper compensation? $5 per firearm? $50 per fiream? I doubt you are going to get "fair market value" for them. How aobut a McDonald's or Burger King gift certificate for a happy meal?[/QUOTE]

Well, you answered your own question with "fair market value". I suspect we could look to how Australia did it as a model.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the one arguing for a give up to the government of anything. Nor am I going to give YOU anyhting. Even the benefit of the doubt.

Since youu are saying "proper compensation" based on the Australian model - jsut how much was the "proper compensation" there? I don't know, so why dont you tell us. But my recollection is it wasn't much.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Can you find an example where subsets of other rights listed in the BoR are similarly eliminated based on reasons as subjective as that?

Hate speech; inciting a riot. Neither is guaranteed under the 1st.

NFA items are not guaranteed under the 2nd. Your ATF Form 1 or Form 4 can be denied.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, then for those of us for whom shooting an AR causes significant and prolonged enjoyment, that seems to fit with your definition of "need".

f7FdEdG.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think I've got it.

David wants AR-15s to be available by prescription only for those who find other guns to be too uncomfortable to use.

That must be it. I'll have to go talk to my doctor about getting a prescription. I'm sure they've got an off label use as an anti-depressant, especially with full-auto fire selectors.

Didn't know Bushmaster had gotten into the pharmaceuticals industry.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    NFA items are not guaranteed under the 2nd. Your ATF Form 1 or Form 4 can be denied.

Give me one example or reason, with citation, where it wasn't a clerical error(Fields filled in incorrectly, smudged fingerprints) for a legally purchased or valid NFA item. Anyone who can legally purchase a firearm from a dealer... can legally own NFA items.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Why Do You Need Those Fundamental Designs? You still havent answered.

Wow. Dude. Go back and read from the start. If that's too much trouble, I have had 2 blown discs in my neck. Two surgeries resulted in 3 fused vertebrae. The recoil of a bolt-action rifle snaps my shoulder back, but my neck doesn't flex properly; it hangs up at the bottom of the fusion, causing inflammation and pain down my arms that lasted 2-4 days. Even with opiates, the pain was intense.

With the design of the AR, almost all of the recoil is absorbed. There's only a fraction of the felt-recoil of a bolt-action.

[Discussed ad nauseum....]

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Wow. Dude. Go back and read from the start. If that's too much trouble, I have had 2 blown discs in my neck. Two surgeries resulted in 3 fused vertebrae. The recoil of a bolt-action rifle snaps my shoulder back, but my neck doesn't flex properly; it hangs up at the bottom of the fusion, causing inflammation and pain down my arms that lasted 2-4 days. Even with opiates, the pain was intense.

With the design of the AR, almost all of the recoil is absorbed. There's only a fraction of the felt-recoil of a bolt-action.

[Discussed ad nauseum....]

Thats my reason too..... and 300 million other peoples reason.

It also sounds like you might need a rag.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    So you would be happy with a single shot ar15..... until you manually load one round into the chamber after every shot..... you are a hypocrite

Well, naturally, you're wrong. I own an AR in 300 Blackout, which has an adjustable gas block. I can turn off the gas, if I so choose, thereby requiring me to manually load the the next round via the charging handle.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ergo, no laws whatsoever, as only the honest, law-abiding person will ever follow them.

I'm sure you have NEVER exceeded the speed limit. Otherwise, you're nothing but a lowly criminal, lost to society. Uncontrollable. A bogeyman.

Ah. The old, "then we shouldn't have any laws" argument. Seriously dude. Are you just going through the anti-gunner's paybook?

Malum in Se
    vs.
    Malum Prohibitum.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why does anyone try and argue with this guy? He's clearly not gonna understand.

True.
    (edited)
    His guns are okay.
    But ones he deems "not necessary" are not.
    Till someone deems his guns not necessary.

Maybe he thinks if we give in on just this one thing, the anti-gunners will stop.
    You know, like they haven't done in every other gun control area.

:horse:

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Do you honestly think authorities would compensate you even that much when they implement their [STRIKE]confiscation[/STRIKE] "buyback" program?

Are you claiming it CANNOT be done? The Australian Constitution required "just compensation" (and I think that would legally mean "fair market value", if you expect to have any success with a buyback program). They authorized $500M (Aus) and bought back 660,959 firearms, for an average of $746 (Aus) per firearm. Now, obviously, some were more expensive, so some owners got more in compensation, some less.

Are you claiming we should just accept things and pay Lockheed $1.3T for a failed fighter, yet a "just compensation" buyback is IMPOSSIBLE??? Why do we need 3,500 F-35 fighters? Aren't we just as safe with 3,000? We can use the money from those 500 unnecessary fighters (at an average of $178M each) to buy back firearms. Which is the bigger waste of money?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Technically, it's not the OP. It's someone who opined after the OP. I think. I could be wrong. Don't want to bother to check. So. Carry on.
    You are correct. I'm the OP. I'm not an elitist hypocrite that says I'm the only one that should have AR's because none else can be trusted with them. Someone else is responsible for that. Carry on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom