• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, what did you do to it? I've had two FDE Pmags break on me, but no issues with any of the four or five others I have.

How'd you break your mags? I've dropped, tossed, thrown, and landed on my own pmags and never had an issue. I've got one that got a feed lip a little melted because it was dropped too close to a fire pit. I'm not trying to discredit your experience, I'm just genuinely curious how you've broken them.

Dropped it on it's spine, fully loaded from about chest height.

Was it freezing cold that day or anything else? Did it land on concrete?

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    How'd you break your mags? I've dropped, tossed, thrown, and landed on my own pmags and never had an issue. I've got one that got a feed lip a little melted because it was dropped too close to a fire pit. I'm not trying to discredit your experience, I'm just genuinely curious how you've broken them.
    Broke the feed lip off inserting the mag - https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/338890-pmag-broke.html. That was the first of two (bought em both at the same time), the second one did the same thing but just by sitting around the house. They must've had a bad run of material...

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI

Was it freezing cold that day or anything else? Did it land on concrete?

Yes, it was 12° Fahrenheit when I did the MFT test.
    I went out last night and did the same to a Gen2 Pmag to see what would happen. Also failed almost identically on the second drop (both took only two drops). It was 2° Fahrenheit yesterday when I tested the magpul.

Gen2 Pmag by Pyzik, on Flickr

Again, if anyone is interested all the info can be found here: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?7242-WEVO-T-amp-E-Mission-First-Tactical-Mags

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey pyzik - totally out of curiosity, is there any way to re-create the test with a metal mag? I know, I know, it almost certainly won't break like that, but I'm wondering if it could suffer some sort of other malady.

Probably not, but I think it would help round out the data.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    5a7fe988-6166-4a4c-a995-93c855a29caa_zpsbffef39d.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That gun has my flu germs alllllll over it :)

Dang, I had thought the previous owner just was a bit liberal with teh use of the FrogLube grease. No wonder it did not smell like FrogLube. Good thing it got a bath before being allowed into the safe. First thing I did after bringing it home was to give it a thorough scrub. You just never know where they've been before coming to stay with you. Or, apparently what they were lubed with.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dang, I had thought the previous owner just was a bit liberal with teh use of the FrogLube grease. No wonder it did not smell like FrogLube. Good thing it got a bath before being allowed into the safe. First thing I did after bringing it home was to give it a thorough scrub. You just never know where they've been before coming to stay with you. Or, apparently what they were lubed with.
    Na not previous owners we just fondled it when we saw it on the wall. Almost broke and bought it because it was a fair price but we stayed strong :):
    very nice gun! Congrats

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom