• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Pics of my latest. I did however switch the KAS grip for a AVG. I really like the Matech 600m rear iron this thing.
    DSC01152.jpg

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    What mag coupler is that, and does it work well?

The brand is MAG GRIP, and it works awesome. My friend was issued it in Afghanistan, and brought it home for me.
    MERCOB SECURITY GROUP, LLC. : AR-15 MAG GRIP™ - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

And why is the mag upside down? Never seen that before. Well, I guess I have seen AK mags taped together that way, but for a different reason. Why upside down with a coupler?

Because I put it on wrong :laugh:. I'm new to the whole mag coupler thing,

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Pics of my latest. I did however switch the KAS grip for a AVG. I really like the Matech 600m rear iron this thing.
    DSC01152.jpg

I've gone back to the vert. grip idea. I don't want a angled vertical grip; I'm not finding it wieldy and grip-able enough. PLUS, I find I grip just about the same with the vert. grip anyways. I feel I wasted my money.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    S&W M&P 15

1280624615.jpg

LaRue 10" handguard
    Vltor Imod stock
    Houge grip
    Magpul B.A.D. lever
    M.B.U.I.S.
    Tango Down stubby VFG
    Magpul rail covers
    YHM Phatom 5c2 flash hider
    Magpul MS2 single point sling/mount
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle w/ big latch
    Aimpoint CompML3 4MOA
    ARMS optic mount

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    The FLack did you have that on a BOAT for?

BTW, I don't understand why people try to set up AR's (Assault Rifle's) for long range encounters when a good .308 or .300mag etc are so much more effective.

Good point. I bought the gun set up like this. I have thought about taking the scope off along with the tripod and handguard and adding some sights and a lighter handguard. Havent really made up my mind yet.

Mostly I think they set them up that way because it looks good though.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    BTW, I don't understand why people try to set up AR's (Assault Rifle's) for long range encounters when a good .308 or .300mag etc are so much more effective.

Most people just shoot targets. 5.56 is cheaper, less recoil, and performs as well as most casual shooters will ever need.

It's easier to put 100 rounds into paper targets with a gun like that in an evening than doing it with a .300 Win Mag ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The FLack did you have that on a BOAT for?

He's only joking.

AR's (Assault Rifle's)

It's a common misconception, but "AR" does not stand for Assault Rifle. In fact, ARs are NOT assault rifles at all-- M16s and M4s are. Assault rifles are select fire (meaning full-auto or burst), while AR-15s are the semi-automatic civilian versions of those rifles.

Unfortunately the media likes to classify all "scary looking" guns into the 'assault rifle' category, which is where we see this myth perpetuated.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have thought about taking the scope off along with the tripod and handguard and adding some sights and a lighter handguard. Havent really made up my mind yet.

Don't. With that long heavy barrel and big gas block you wouldn't want to run that like a traditional CQB carbine. That gun is setup as a distance shooter, so use it that way. If you want something that handles better off-hand, add an M4-style carbine to your collection. :yesway:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Most people just shoot targets. 5.56 is cheaper, less recoil, and performs as well as most casual shooters will ever need.

It's easier to put 100 rounds into paper targets with a gun like that in an evening than doing it with a .300 Win Mag ;)

Blah, I don't have anything that I just shoot targets with. I only shoot targets to keep myself familiar with the weapon for when I need to shoot other things.

But, AR stands for ArmaLite...:yesway:

WoW.... Learn something new every day. I've shot/had guns since I was like 6 (ungh over 27 years ago) and I've just recently started getting an itch of the "Black Rifle Disease".

He's only joking.

It's a common misconception, but "AR" does not stand for Assault Rifle. In fact, ARs are NOT assault rifles at all-- M16s and M4s are. Assault rifles are select fire (meaning full-auto or burst), while AR-15s are the semi-automatic civilian versions of those rifles.

Unfortunately the media likes to classify all "scary looking" guns into the 'assault rifle' category, which is where we see this myth perpetuated.

Well, I would consider my AK an assault weapon and my SKS is borderline. Either way I'll gladly shift my viewpoint of these and thank you guys for fixing my very wrong impression that AR was Assault Rifle.... I guess I'm a momo about the big bad AR's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom