Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Its not an AR15 but its in the AR family
    biggrin.gif

DPMS LR308B

18" Heavy barrel

006_zpsbae70850.jpg

Seeing that picture brings back awesome memories. I bought one exactly like that and all I did was change the trigger and I was hitting steel plates at 800 yards as fast as I could get on target and pull the trigger. Then we found out baby #1 was on the way and I sold it in preparation of the med bills and expenses to come.

Always missed that rifle and eventually replaced it with a slightly different 308B. Shortly after hitting the steel at 1000 yards with it we got news of baby #2 and I sold it off for the same reasons I did the first one.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea I need to get a decent scope on it and perhaps get a RRA stage 2 trigger for it. An will probably get a different handgarud and stock for it, lol. You have any plans on getting another one?

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Seeing that picture brings back awesome memories. I bought one exactly like that and all I did was change the trigger and I was hitting steel plates at 800 yards as fast as I could get on target and pull the trigger. Then we found out baby #1 was on the way and I sold it in preparation of the med bills and expenses to come.

Always missed that rifle and eventually replaced it with a slightly different 308B. Shortly after hitting the steel at 1000 yards with it we got news of baby #2 and I sold it off for the same reasons I did the first one.

Wow! Good for you, putting first things first. :yesway:
    Now... save up and get another one!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yea I need to get a decent scope on it and perhaps get a RRA stage 2 trigger for it. An will probably get a different handgarud and stock for it, lol. You have any plans on getting another one?

The first one I had I put a drop in 3# Timney trigger and it was great. The second one I got the 6 position stock, A3 upper, and put in a RRA two stage.

Wow! Good for you, putting first things first. :yesway:
    Now... save up and get another one!

Family comes first, there's no doubt about that. Even though we have 3 kids now and the wife has long since taken me to the vet, I'm still nervous about buying another 308B because I think the DPMS 308 fairy will give us another present. It's superstitious, but we're just now getting to where we're sleeping through the night and that's nice. For now, I'm not likely to buy another 308B, but I wouldn't rule it out long term.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    How well did you like yours with the RRA two stage in it, was it worth the purchase?

I've always been a fan of the RRA and it worked well in that rifle. I'm not a dpms basher, but I'll also be the first to admit they need a good trigger job especially if you want little groups at far distances. I remember it was a little annoying when shooting fast. A two stage was always nice at the bench but on the days when you just get that itch to empty a lot of brass really quickly it gets a little annoying. If you're considering a single stage trigger I've got a JP #3 trigger with the speed hammer and that is really sweet!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I've always been a fan of the RRA and it worked well in that rifle. I'm not a dpms basher, but I'll also be the first to admit they need a good trigger job especially if you want little groups at far distances. I remember it was a little annoying when shooting fast. A two stage was always nice at the bench but on the days when you just get that itch to empty a lot of brass really quickly it gets a little annoying. If you're considering a single stage trigger I've got a JP #3 trigger with the speed hammer and that is really sweet!

Good deal, thanks for the info teddy, I think ill probably end up with the RRA for the price point if it helps I think it would be worth the purchase.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Good deal, thanks for the info teddy, I think ill probably end up with the RRA for the price point if it helps I think it would be worth the purchase.

If you really want to be able to measure the improvement to your groups you could always fire a couple groups with the factory trigger and then swap in the RRA. If the improvement isn't enough to justify it, then you could always switch it back. Either way I think you'll be pleased with the results.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    photo_1.jpg

Started life as a S&W M&P 15 with factory installed generation 1 FDE Magpul Moe stock, grip, handguard and rear sight.

After a few years I got tired of the FDE colored equipment and upgraded to a Troy Drop in rail with MOE RVG, MOE + Grip, Magpul CTR, and MBUS Gen II.

Replaced the standard flash hider with a Spikes Dynacomp Short.

Added the VTAC Sling and VTAC flashlight holder with a Surefire.

Red-dot is a Gen 1 Vortex Strikefire that is getting replaced at the first of year with either an Eotech XPS 2 or Burris AR-332.

I like the all black a lot more and the rifle is more solid with the CTR stock and Troy railed hand guard.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Starting a new DMR AR-15 in 6.8 SPC specs are;[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Seekins billet lower with mag release[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-VLTOR MUR 1 upper[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-CMMG M16 nickle boron coated BCG[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Wilson Combat 16" mid length gas SS match grade fluted barrel in 6.8 SPC II chamber[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-B5 SOPMOD[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-VLTOR receiver extension[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-2 stage trigger, CMMG parts with some others[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Fortis manufacturing rails and gas block[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Harris bipod with ARMS QD mount[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Troy Claymore brake, MIAD grip, XTM handstop, Badger tac latch, WMD gas tube, and CMMG parts kit.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Temporary cheap Leopold 3-9 X 40 scope with some cheap riser till I'm not broke and can get these;[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Troy flip up iron sights[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10X32 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-American Defense QD mount[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-Burris fastfire III with 1 o'clock offset mount[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    20131113_225014_zps9e4eea64.jpg
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    20131113_231209_zpsd5eb82c0.jpg
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    20131113_234843_zpsc2a6b81c.jpg
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    20131113_232430_zpsa643394f.jpg
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Nice post, Mike! I was wondering when I'd see one these grips hit the AR-15 Show and Tell...

Pic Thread:

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Nice post, Mike! I was wondering when I'd see one these grips hit the AR-15 Show and Tell...

I keep seeing them (the grip) as I do my postings on fb for Defense Marketing Group, and I ordered some other things from Tactical Link, so I ordered one. They had the mags on sale so I added one of those to the cart too. This replaced my MOE+ that I never really cared for. :thumbsup:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Ready to go in the woods tomorrow! 9.5" 300BLK upper on pistol lower, and DIY camo tape camo job. I haven't decided if I want to paint it or not, so figured the camo tape was a cheap and non permanent way to see if I like a non-black AR15. The lower and flat parts of the upper worked out pretty well, but the handguard not so much, so I resorted to just wrapping it in a circle. It'll do for what I need it to, but won't win any beauty contests. Kinda regret selling all of those multiple colored XVM panels I had a few years ago, as those would have worked perfect. May be what I do next year for hunting season if I don't paint the whole thing...

Oh, and gonna put on my Aimpoint kill flash so as not to have a nice red reflector into the setting sun in the evening. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom