• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    More precisely, Foliage Green is one of the colors used in the Army's digital camouflage, which is known as UCP for Universal Camouflage Pattern. The other colors in the pattern are gray and tan.

UCP SUCKS (Universal Camo Pattern) RANT

Thanks for clarifying. That's a pretty funny article.
    To be frank, I never really paid attention to the ACUs except to tell army guys, "wow, that doesn't blend in with any environment."

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Picture thread ;)

KMCfg016.jpg

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    A totally unmarked, non-serialized AR-15 lower?

KT arms offers a DIY lower, in-the-white, 60~80% completed, which, if completed by the buyer/owner/user does NOT need any serialization. Yes, I know they have been bashed by the BATFE, but came out squeaky-clean. Anyone place a high enough premium on anonymity to try out building one of their in-the-white lowers?? (Also offer 1911-types). They take "counterfeit money" (Federal Reserve Notes) or silver or gold, or any combination. I've ordered in for their KT-10-A .308 lower. If I build it, I can only bequeath it to a surviving relative. It cannot be 'sold'. No serialization AT ALL ! ! ! Pat

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    KT arms offers a DIY lower, in-the-white, 60~80% completed, which, if completed by the buyer/owner/user does NOT need any serialization. Yes, I know they have been bashed by the BATFE, but came out squeaky-clean. Anyone place a high enough premium on anonymity to try out building one of their in-the-white lowers?? (Also offer 1911-types). They take "counterfeit money" (Federal Reserve Notes) or silver or gold, or any combination. I've ordered in for their KT-10-A .308 lower. If I build it, I can only bequeath it to a surviving relative. It cannot be 'sold'. No serialization AT ALL ! ! ! Pat
    If you turn it into a firearm, you must put a serial number, a name, and a place of manufacture on it. You don't, however, need to tell the ATF that you have done so.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    If you turn it into a firearm, you must put a serial number, a name, and a place of manufacture on it. You don't, however, need to tell the ATF that you have done so.
    Not sure if this is 100% accurate for someone that isn't a licensed manufacturer and won't be selling the gun...read the 2nd paragraph below, taken from an ATF response letter.

FAQ's

gunlaw2.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Not sure if this is 100% accurate for someone that isn't a licensed manufacturer and won't be selling the gun...read the 2nd paragraph below, taken from an ATF response letter.

FAQ's

gunlaw2.jpg

This whole idea seems to be a 'open gray area' that I don't want to have with the ATF. WHY buy a lower and finish it when you can buy a complete Colt/LMT/POF/Bushy/Daniel Defense gun on this forum with no paperwork attached to it? No one in the world knows you own it, nor would they.... ???? :dunno:

:twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom