Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    9050367548_2cd8795a7f.jpg

Welcome to INGO and welcome to the world of ARs!

If I could offer some advice in line with what some of the others have already suggested.....

Your optic would probably be better used being mounted to the forward point of the upper receiver rail (not on the handguard). Then when you shoot you adjust the stock such that your nose is near the charging handle (it won't come back and hit you). You could then move your rear BUIS to the rearmost portion of the upper receiver rail. Obviously you won't be able to flip it up while the optic is mounted, but that's the point of it being a backup sight.

Like this:

trijicon-acog-considerations-shooting-ta01.jpg

I too am curious what kind of magazine that is. Is your AR something other than 5.56?

JadeBrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Not trying to be a know-it-all, but shouldn't your rear back up site and your optic change places? And your front site be farther forward. Also, is that an AK magazine?

With my eyes I need the scope where it is and that is why it is there and having the rear sight forward doesn't hurt my eyes either. I know a longer sight radius is better but the sight are more for back in a SHTF situation. They are not meant to be the primary sight for the gun. The front sight can't go any farther forward. If I install it on the gas block it would be too low to site in. I went with those sites because the plan is to change the front out to a long free float quad rail. In that case I will be able to move it farther forward. The magazine looks like an AK mag because the ar is chambered in 7.62x39mm not .223. Hope that answers everything.

*edit*
    I missed the last page. I am not a troll. As I mentioned I just mounted it. The whole gun has been trial and error since I wasn't brought up on guns like most of you here. Im glad your first reaction was troll on here. I will not be bother you guys anymore with my poorly set up firearms. I found a new website with a beginners section. A lot more friendly to the less informed. Everyone on there responds like esrice did. Maybe one day when I know more I will be back.

Last edited:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    With my eyes I need the scope where it is and that is why it is there and having the rear sight forward doesn't hurt my eyes either. I know a longer sight radius is better but the sight are more for back in a SHTF situation. They are not meant to be the primary sight for the gun. The front sight can't go any farther forward. If I install it on the gas block it would be too low to site in. I went with those sites because the plan is to change the front out to a long free float quad rail. In that case I will be able to move it farther forward. The magazine looks like an AK mag because the ar is chambered in 7.62x39mm not .223. Hope that answers everything.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. Looks like you've got a good start on a rifle that works right for you.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.

Rock Creek-20130617-00022 by dhumphreys52, on Flickr

My first one is done!

MagTac lower with PSA LBK
    MagPul MOE stock, grip, MBUS rear sight, AGF2 foregrip, MS3 sling
    PSA M4 upper
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle
    Off-brand quadrail I got off of Amazon.

I'd like to see how these new magnesium lowers do in the long run and if they end up being worth the $160+

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Seemed pretty sturdy. I had the buffer tube on and off about three times adjusting things. Didn't notice it flexing or anything like that. They have built up the surface around the hammer and trigger pin locations, which required longer pins, but I'm not sure that was a weak point before. Every broken lower I've ever seen was at the buffer tube or the front pivot.

I got it on sale so it was only about 150 total IIRC. A little better than 169 plus tax. Certainly glad I didn't pay that much for a polymer lower. :D

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    These are my first two AR's builds I've been working on over the last couple of months. Both have CMMG lower kits. The top is a Spike's upper and lower, 1:7 twist. And the lower pic is an Umbrella, Corp. lower, PSA upper with 1:9 twist. I duracoated the metal on both guns with tactical black and did the color fills. The optics are Eotech 517's.

The camo pattern on the furniture on the Spike's gun was done by Hillbilly223 in Arkansas. I couldn't find the right gray I wanted from Lauer for the Umbrella gun so I mixed tactical light gray and tactical flat black until I got a shade I could live with.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    These are my first two AR's builds I've been working on over the last couple of months. Both have CMMG lower kits. The top is a Spike's upper and lower, 1:7 twist. And the lower pic is an Umbrella, Corp. lower, PSA upper with 1:9 twist. I duracoated the metal on both guns with tactical black and did the color fills. The optics are Eotech 517's.

The camo pattern on the furniture on the Spike's gun was done by Hillbilly223 in Arkansas. I couldn't find the right gray I wanted from Lauer for the Umbrella gun so I mixed tactical light gray and tactical flat black until I got a shade I could live with.

Really dig that top camo job!:yesway:

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    heres the most current quick cell phone pic of my AR. only one i own as of now (thats completed)

built her from scratch - started off with a 223 stainless bull barrel, but this is with the stainless 300aac barrel & custom machine muzzle brake.

a2y5avyj.jpg

ooh - heres one with the 223 bull barrel.
    250774_804623621492_1992984740_n.jpg

Last edited:

Breynolds38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This is my AR-15 pistol I slapped together this spring. Waiting for my tax stamp to come back to turn this into an SBR.

Did the duracoat myself with Magpul Foliage Green, it turned out pretty good.

vrg5hgR.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom