jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The evolution continues....

IMG_1812.jpg

I decided that I needed a DBAL I2. The Magpul MOE handguard setup I had was awesome but wouldn't allow for the DBAL so I had to go to a rail system. The Troy Alpha rails are small in diameter, lightweight and allow for rails only where you want them which was one of the reasons I liked the MOE setup so much. I also swapped the Surefire Scout for a Surefire M620V so I'd have both white and IR illumination. She's a bit more nose heavy than I'd like but the ability to run in low/no light offers a significant advantage so the compromise is worth it. My SR-D-IT switch should be in soon so I'll be able to run the light and DBAL off of one pressure switch.

Once the Surefire SOCOM556-RC shows up she'll be complete (for awhile anyway)

I hope you have better luck with your Troy rail than I am having. Mine seems to move no matter how tight I tighten it.

mr hucky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Avon
    my newest Toy, AR .357 sig

Just showing off my newest toy. Its a gas operated AR in 357 Sig. Uses Glock.357 or .40 mags for ultra reliable feed. Now, I just have to get a G31 or 32 for its companion but Im working on that. I'd like to see 1800fps on a Chronograph then next stop EOTECH.
    tn
    tn

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Laterally. I have it so tight I'm afraid I will break it if I tighten it more.

Hmmm. I've read about a couple of people having similar issues and it was determined to be the tension brackets not sitting in the groove of the rail properly or the barrel nut was out of spec allowing for some movement. I've got two of these rails now and they're both solid. I installed two for team members right after the new design came out and they haven't had any issues either. Have you contacted Troy about it yet?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    J6LYq.jpg

That magpul RSA was a finishing touch... Haha, anyone running these troy rails needs to grab one, you can use it to lock the forend to the receiver.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Woah red lettering on that rubber!?

Please let us know how that holds up and what you used. That looks sharp as hell!

Thanks! I actually just used a red nail polish. I painted the lettering and the surrounding area, and then gently wiped away the excess with non-acetone nail polish remover on a paper towel. I don't know how it will hold up on the rubber, but in the past, it has held up great on lowers that I've done. I have high hopes for the color fill on the fore-end.

PIC THREAD:
    MOE16A1.jpg

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Thanks! I actually just used a red nail polish. I painted the lettering and the surrounding area, and then gently wiped away the excess with non-acetone nail polish remover on a paper towel. I don't know how it will hold up on the rubber, but in the past, it has held up great on lowers that I've done. I have high hopes for the color fill on the fore-end.

PIC THREAD:
    MOE16A1.jpg

That looks sharp as hell man!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom