83884703-1D85-4B27-A5DA-0D0C87FBE756-408-0000004D2B42BC67.jpg

83F865E5-FF9A-4CC6-8390-065EEB970F67-408-0000004D2FDA8E15.jpg

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I really like the paint job on this.. did you just use some form of mesh netting?

Thanks scat. I'm not sure what was used to do the pattern but I have seen several videos out there where they used a mesh laundry bag. I had the coating done by Cactus Weapons Systems out of Del Rio, TX. Best investment I made on the gun. The coating is rock solid, no noticeable wear and tear anywhere and I had it done back in 2004 I do believe. It's been some time since it was done so the type of coating it has slipped my mind, but I can find out if you'd like.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    2 Years in the making. This is my first AR build. Sorry about the picture quality I had really hoped after spending the time and money on this that I could get a better picture:dunno:.

picture.php

picture.php

For those interested this build includes

Black Hole Weaponry 16" mid length polygonal Barrel
    Ergo grip
    CMC 3.5# Trigger
    MSI 15" Gen 2 rail
    Mako Stock
    DPMS Levang Linear Muzzle Brake.

picture.php

Fired Fiocchi .223 50 grain V-max at 25 yards to get on paper and set iron sites. Will move back a little later. Forget the middle, I was trying to get the rear Iron site to move. Start clock wise from top left. Really happy with Trigger and barrel.

I think I gotta shooter:ar15:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    CHAINSAW!!!!!!

Yes Yes it has both an upper and a lower Chainsaw :D

Now it just needs paint. Any suggestions? Im thinking Snakeskin. OD green, Flat dark earth, and Black.

picture.php

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The evolution continues....

IMG_1812.jpg

I decided that I needed a DBAL I2. The Magpul MOE handguard setup I had was awesome but wouldn't allow for the DBAL so I had to go to a rail system. The Troy Alpha rails are small in diameter, lightweight and allow for rails only where you want them which was one of the reasons I liked the MOE setup so much. I also swapped the Surefire Scout for a Surefire M620V so I'd have both white and IR illumination. She's a bit more nose heavy than I'd like but the ability to run in low/no light offers a significant advantage so the compromise is worth it. My SR-D-IT switch should be in soon so I'll be able to run the light and DBAL off of one pressure switch.

Once the Surefire SOCOM556-RC shows up she'll be complete (for awhile anyway)

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    The evolution continues....

IMG_1812.jpg

I decided that I needed a DBAL I2. The Magpul MOE handguard setup I had was awesome but wouldn't allow for the DBAL so I had to go to a rail system. The Troy Alpha rails are small in diameter, lightweight and allow for rails only where you want them which was one of the reasons I liked the MOE setup so much. I also swapped the Surefire Scout for a Surefire M620V so I'd have both white and IR illumination. She's a bit more nose heavy than I'd like but the ability to run in low/no light offers a significant advantage so the compromise is worth it. My SR-D-IT switch should be in soon so I'll be able to run the light and DBAL off of one pressure switch.

Once the Surefire SOCOM556-RC shows up she'll be complete (for awhile anyway)

If she's front heavy you should check out the ergo stock on my rifle above. Its cheaper then the
    Magpul ubr and also ligher but may be heavy enough to balence out your gun. Its rock solid when locked in place as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If she's front heavy you should check out the ergo stock on my rifle above. Its cheaper then the
    Magpul ubr and also ligher but may be heavy enough to balence out your gun. Its rock solid when locked in place as well.

I appreciate the recommendation but overall weight takes a priority over balance at this point. It's not uncommon for me to have to stand around for hours with the rifle hanging around my neck and the lighter the better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom