• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    What groups are you guys shooting with iron sights only at 50 and 100yds? I shot my ar for the first time today. I only have iron sights right now, also a first for me. I shot a 6" group of 30rds @ 50yds. I didn't think it was terrible but not the best. How bad did I do?

Hey it is a start. To give you an idea of what you are shooting now here is the ILEA "handgun" instructor course of fire. This is with a 8.5" X 11" 9 ring. The 50 yard handgun qualification is tougher than you think.

http://www.in.gov/ilea/files/60_round_course.pdf

The main thing is you are out there shooting. Because you are out shooting you are automatically going to be a better shot than most people, including many gun owners, because they don't shoot or shoot very little. Master the basics and your shooting will improve dramatically.

By the way, it is a rare bird that don't shoot their highest score during high power rifle competitions at the 500 or 600 yard line. That is prone slow fire with irons. Some of these current HP shooters can tell you the size of the 10 ring. It has been 12 years since I have done any and I forget the size.

Top Bottom