• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Post your tanks and size and if you wnat the $$$ that you have invested. I LOVE fish and want to get at least a 200 gallon tank and my wife keeps buging me about it.

I think I would perfer to go fresh water because of it taking less work (fish are not as picky) and I have seen some NICE fresh water fish.... feel free to talk me into salt though....

One day I would love to build a house a put a HUGE tank in the basement.... like a 2,000 gallon.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I did the lighting system at the Childrens museum in Indy. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west with increases of light and UV over time with noon being the brightest,

I no longer do fish, I got into aquatic salamanders. My biggest tank is just a 75 but I have 4 55's also.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    No you tube at work, I will check it out later tough.

I had a 20 gallon tank once, learned really quick that small tanks are hard to keep clean....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Had a 55gallon until some mysteriousness caused a fish kill. And it was bad too. I had two very large plecos, about 8" and 10" long, who had been with me for about 10 years. They were the last to succumb, but in the end, whatever it was got 'em.

That was last January. #2 was born in April and I just didn't feel like launching a trouble-shooting venture as well as cleaning and setting up the tank. So it's sitting empty in the office. My 3y/o is starting to ask about getting fish. Perhaps this summer it will run again.

In the ten years I've had fish, I've stocked it with just about all of the common amateur fishkeepers choices: barbs, gouramis, tetras, danios the red-tipped shark, and of course, the plecos. Had a few gold fish but they are dirty, dirty fish. Not to mention voracious. I had about a dozen large danios in there once and the number kept dwindling. My gold fish were large, to say the least. When I fed one day and noticed yet another one AWOL, I reached in, grabbed the fat bastage and pretended to give him the shake while asking, "Where's my danio? What did you do with my danio." The little bugger proceeded to regurgitate the danio.

That answered that question. That was also my last goldfish. Though I was sad with Pig died.

simpson1922

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Benre, IN
    i have a 75gal. it has 2 discus 5 german blue rams 7 different kind of cory cats assortment of rainbows 2 bolivian rams. I'm a fish addict it is almost as expense as my gun habit. I'm recover alittle bit i'm done to only one tank right now did have 3 the 75 a 55 and a 40tall. i will post some pics later when i get time to upload some.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    Large Salt water tanks pretty much take care of themselves, if you do the research and practice good tank husbandry. But you're looking at $5000 plus for a 200 gal set up.
    I've kept plenty of tanks over the years. By far, my favorite fresh water tank was full of Lake Tanganyika cichlids, though they are much more picky than most salt water fish IMO.
    Second favorite would be angels, I had 2 mated pairs in a planted tank, they were the most calming fish to observe.
    I always thought it would be cool set up a 200 gal planted tank with about 300 or so neon tetras. But I don't have the money, space, or floor support for something like that ATM.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I got a 125 gal saltwater tank with a 30 gal.sump and all the extras. It does take some time, I got twins now and would love to get rid of it for the room but when i look at it it makes me want to keep it. The fish cost more but the colors and habits of some of them make it a real joy to have.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I breed and sell red cherry shrimp and snowball shrimp(no pics of the snowballs right now)

DSC00429.jpg

the only other pic I have currently is one of my 3 bolivian rams. he's in my amazonian biotope.

SNC00166.jpg

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I had a 150 gallon tank on a oak base,Easy to invest a couple g's in one.Theres nothing more beautiful to add to your home. We had Large Clown Loachs, Red Tail sharks,Silver Dollars,Tiger Barbs,Groummiis,Neons,a few varities. 3 stumps,and pea gravel in the bottom for filtering and a lot of sand stone out of the creek. Sandstone really set it off with the burgandy and yellows.
    I tried to copy a tank i saw in Clarksville Green Tree Pets. It was one of the best looking tanks ,I ever seen. Keep it away from sunlight and their easy to maintain. I always used rain water to add when water dropped. PH was around 6.5. You'll love it.
    I'll try to find some picks. I liked the fresh water as well, Live plants are a nice addition.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/donlone5/snapshot_dvd_010853_20100513_011149.jpg
    http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/donlone5/snapshot_dvd_010853_20100513_011149.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom