Approached by officer while open carry (NE Ft Wayne)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The sad thing is, the responding officer has had every opportunity to give his side of the story. Since he he refuses, we are left to form opinions with the information we have.

What makes you think he is on this forum? How do you know he has not responded?

Lack of response does not equal refusal to respond.

I know the mods would like something different, but not everyone is a member on this forum.

Go on a ride along sometime with yor local PD. Get educated.

Regards.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    All actual 911 Priority calls:

1. A dog is standing in the road.
    2. A man with a gun is ordering pizza.
    3. A cat is in a my yard.
    4. A horse is laying down in a field.
    5. A police car is driving without its lights on.
    :rolleyes:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The police OC because everyone knows he/she is armed anyway. People expect them to be carrying. I think the reference to "inviting crime" is in the context of someone shooting an OC'er during a robbery to take out a threat, or to rob them of their gun. I've only heard of one situation where an OC'er was robbed of their gun, so I don't really put much stock into that argument. I CC off-duty because it's my preference just like some folks OC because it's their preference. I don't believe that any of the OC confrontations posted here on INGO are instigated by gun enthusiasts, but rather people who hate guns. The only reason these confrontations occur is because the gun is visible and triggers their irrational fear/dislike. In that regard, I don't think it's so much about the person OC'ing as it is about the person carrying in the first place. If the blue haired old lady saw the shirt ride up on a CC'er to expose the handgun I'm sure she would still cause trouble. What I'm trying to say is that the issue is the gun, not the method of carry. Gun enthusiasts on INGO may argue the topic of CC vs. OC to death, but I doubt it's the CC folks who are the ones calling in the MWAG calls. :twocents:

You're making to much sense man, this is starting to scare me!! If this keeps up, what's next. . . . .no more leo bashing?:laugh:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The sweeping and ill-informed generalization about to FWPD's relationship with law abiding gun owners is in error, and referring to its officers as idiots is uncalled for and offensive.

Most encounters with police officers have a reason to not be positive as a lot of John Q Public are idiots.

We get it now. None of you are idiots. A lot of us are. :noway:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    What makes you think he is on this forum? How do you know he has not responded?

Lack of response does not equal refusal to respond.

I know the mods would like something different, but not everyone is a member on this forum.

Go on a ride along sometime with yor local PD. Get educated.

Regards.

Mixed up two threads. Long night, my bad.

I've been on many ride alongs and have some experience in law enforcement, but I'll try to get educated. Thanks for your concern.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I just would have went to hopsings . . . . .. Im a lazy american I shouldnt have to get out of my gas guzzling hillbilly pickup truck to stuff my face with large amounts of carry out lol :D

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Glad to see others OCing in the Georgetown area. Lived here all my life and have yet to see anyone OC. You handled it well and disagreed with the LEO while still being respectful.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what the fuss is about. Not even sure what the need is to poke our little brothers in blue who are here on the forum. These guys are our ambassadors to the LEO world and if they're on this forum they probably share some of our same views. Attacking FWPD knowing that their on this forum is stupid and cowardly. Man up and speak your mind to one of them, don't hide behind the keyboard.

The real clown is the the civy who initiated the phone call to PD. Maybe they thought it would be fun to see the OP get "hassled by the man" or maybe just doesn't dig guns. A lil show with their dinner. Either way PD just like FD can't pick and choose their 911 calls. The cop sharing his opinion did seem a bit much but think aboutthe it... were he convince OP to cc his weapon that would eliminate future MWAG calls and thereby lightening his call volume.

Outstanding job OP.

Top Bottom