Appleseed is going to be LIVE on Fox & Friends Monday Morning!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION TO DISCUSS PROJECT APPLESEED ON FOX & FRIENDS

Ramseur, NC - 27 August 2010 – Tune in to Fox & Friends on the Fox News Channel this August 30th, 2010 during the 8:00 a.m. ET hour to hear an engaging success story about how the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA) is teaching early American history and rifle marksmanship through a nationwide, all-volunteer program called Project Appleseed. Times may vary. Please check your local listings.

Since its inception in 2006, the RWVA has doubled the number of Appleseed clinics and attendees served each year. This year, at least one thousand clinics will be conducted across the country. The exponential growth and quality of instruction has caught the attention of national media – making this upcoming interview the third to offer nationwide coverage during the past thirty days.

At each Appleseed, Americans discover things about their heritage they never knew, as they hear the story of the events of April 19th, 1775 - the one they never heard before - historically accurate, inspiring, encouraging. They also learn the answer to four questions every American should be able to answer:

1. When and where was the American Revolution fought and won? (The answer, directly from a Founder, will astound you!)

2. When and where did the Revolutionary War break out? (Not at Lexington, not at Concord, but at an obscure place few have ever heard of - until they come to an Appleseeed.)

3. What caused the professional British Army to break and run at the North Bridge, after exchanging gunfire with colonial farmers and blacksmiths - for two minutes? (We give you the numbers that answer that question.)

4. Last but definitely not least, we'll answer the question which has so bedeviled historians for two centuries: Who fired the first shots at Lexington? (Yes, and we'll offer convincing proof in the form of historical facts.)

About the Revolutionary War Veterans Association
    The mission of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association is to encourage civic participation, preserve the heritage of rifle marksmanship and to develop an understanding and appreciation of our nation’s founding. Project Appleseed brings about RWVA's mission across the country through two-day clinics that teach everyday Americans about their heritage and rifle marksmanship fundamentals.

The rifle marksmanship portions of the clinics are devoted to developing marksmanship skills that allow students to shoot rifles safely and accurately out to five hundred yards, a distance traditionally known as the “American Rifleman's Quarter Mile”. Students are taught the six steps to firing a shot, proper sling usage, Natural Point of Aim, proper positions of standing, sitting and prone, and how to diagnose and correct common shooting errors. The history lectures at each clinic highlight the inspiring stories of colonial Americans on the day of April 19th, 1775 – the day of the historic battles of Lexington and Concord. Project Appleseed clinics are family-friendly, safe and fun.

The Revolutionary War Veterans Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in North Carolina. For more information, visit our website at Appleseed Project Home.

Women, kids under 21, and military shoot free, and recently, law enforcement has been added to the growing list of those who shoot free.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Just to be clear, one of our Appleseed Instructors is going on The National Fox & Friends show LIVE monday morning to talk about our program!

W00T!

Be sure to tivo in or just watch. It should be great!

(1 million viewers, no stress there...)

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Dang it Techres, am I going to have to get television again just so I can keep up with all of the Appleseed coverage?

1 million viewers... that's double plus good seventh stepping.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Dang it Techres, am I going to have to get television again just so I can keep up with all of the Appleseed coverage?

1 million viewers... that's double plus good seventh stepping.

NO, no, don't do that. We will find someone with a TIVO to catch it for later posting. By by then we will see if the person in question does well or not. It will not be Fred this time, another was "volunteered" for the fun! :laugh:

We are not saying who it is just yet...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...We are not saying who it is just yet...

Secrets, secrets. :popcorn:

This is very cool. Appleseed's recent media coverage is ramping up into quite the snowball!

Shoots are gonna be selling out even faster :rockwoot:

...hope we can still squeeeeze in a few INGO shooters on the lines from time to time. ;) :D

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Secrets, secrets. :popcorn:

This is very cool. Appleseed's recent media coverage is ramping up into quite the snowball!

Shoots are gonna be selling out even faster :rockwoot:

...hope we can still squeeeeze in a few INGO shooters on the lines from time to time. ;) :D

We thought the guessing might be fun. :cool:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Very cool....... so is the interviewee local?

An INGO member? That would be something, no? We have a ton of Appleseed instructors here on INGO - between the Indiana and Kentucky crews.

That would be something.

:ingo:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Alright, this is likely the last bump this thread will have before go time!

Limo comes to Bloomington in the AM.
    Indy Sattelites into New York.
    Camera goes on in front of 1 Million Americans.
    Be sure to tune in to see if I choke!

I am sure I will feel your good vibes & prayers. (And I it will be on tape for sale if I totally FUBAR it up! :laugh: )

So, be sure to check it out. Appleseed on National TV Live. And, for that matter, INGO as well even if I am not wearing the schwag...

:patriot: :ingo: :popcorn:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just remember, your kids will probably be making funny faces in the background. :D

I expect nothing less than awesomeness. Represent! :patriot:

Top Bottom