Appleseed is going to be LIVE on Fox & Friends Monday Morning!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Techres,

Congratulations sir! You did an EXCELLENT job! I dont think anyone could have done any better, or have been any more well put together and prepared for that!!

AWESOME!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Just watched the segment.

Techres did a wonderful job in getting across the important points about Appleseed in the small amount of time allotted. Well done! You were able to stay on message and not let the newspeople shift the focus.

P.S. You looked GOOD on TV! :D

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    W00T!

I did not flub it!

Thanks for all your support gang!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Apr 27, 2008
    I TiVo'd it this morning. It starts about 8:35am for those that recorded it. Unfortunately he was only given about 3 minutes but he did an awesome job in the time that he had.

:yesway:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    So this is what it was like:

They sent a limo came to pick me up (not really limo, actually it was a black town car, still nice). We flew to Indy to a building just down from the circle:

4941405219_3cfa8cfaf9_z.jpg

It did not look like Fox News:

4941404991_81183c665b_z.jpg

When I finally found the studio, it looked like this:

4941990514_81c316c1a7_z.jpg

Now, the producers kept calling in to my phone changing the time I was going on. Finally they got me all in place:

4941990272_d9b93954e0_z.jpg

And they put a earpiece in and hit the lights. I had taped up talking points to the camera just in case I forgot. Well, with the lights on, I had no ability to see the paper or about anything:

4941404171_834cdd68d4_z.jpg

Now, the funny thing is that you have no way to see anything and what you can hear is a bit faint. They kept telling me we were on in X and then doing another check and then it changed. Suddenly it was go time and over in what seemed like 60 seconds. The one time I ran over her was because I could barely hear her. I tried to not talk too fast but it really seemed like we were over in one minute. I am surprised it was 3.

In the end it went better than I feared, and I am glad for the experience! I wish it could have been longer, but I bet that when we double again this year we will be back on and might get a longer time with them.

Thanks again all for your support, I would not have been up there as a talking head without your guy's support - instructors and attendees alike.

See you on the line soon!

Techres

GhostofWinter

Master
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I just watched the video online as well and I have to say you did a GREAT job within the contraints you were given. I just wish the 'host' would have stopped interupting you while you were talking.

Top Bottom