• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    I didn't say it is what I would do , but I stated that the time he had wouldn't have gone so smooth , had he not given up his ID.
    It would depend on the situation what I would have done.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I wouldn't have rolled the window down.
    That's what prompted the officer to ask for ID in the first place IMHO.

I agree..... don't speak unless spoken to...... if I am sitting in the backseat of a friends vehicle as they are getting pulled over I'm not going to voluntarily divulge information that isn't pertinent to the traffic violation that he is being stopped for..... now if the LEO asks me for my ID i'm going to give it to the officer because I don't want any extra hassle or the officer to think i'm a vagrant..... yes there are plenty of LEO that are very gungho but there are officers that are out there just doing what we do everyday..... working to provide...... why make their jobs harder because you feel the need to prolong a situation that doesn't need prolonged? I understand that our military has been fighting for our rights for hundreds of years..... but isn't it also our right to decide not to get hassled over something that is as meaningless as proving our identification to someone who is asking us in order to protect us??

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If he asked for ID , I would give it to them , it is just going to make the experience harder if you don't give it up.
    Sure it may be infringing on your rights, but it has been going on for so long, they will be suspicious if you do not give it up.
    If you feel like you want to fight "the Man" go for it.

i wont be oppressed because I execute my rights. I do not wish to fight the police, but I will enforce my rights and not just give them up to be on my way faster.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    He wouldn't have seen my ID unless he asked to see it in conjunction with my carry permit. Fessing up to having the gun was the smart thing to do. If he shined his light and saw it on you after you said "no", chances are everyone would have been out of the car and searched. This cop trampled your rights by asking for everyone's ID's.

Top Bottom