• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Didn't catch his name to write a letter about his awesomeness. A buddy of mine and his girlfriend were heading to Jungle Jim's and Trader's World and asked if I would tag along. I don't go anywhere without my pistol(s) and declined because Ohio sucks. I agreed after a short while and locked my pistol in the glove compartment. Jungle Jim's is awesome..I haven't had Boar's Head since I moved from New York and it was a treat. Trader's World on the other hand, I'd be happy never to return.

On our way back, We just crossed over on 27 into Indiana and I knew this because a few animals at a farm were proudly open carrying in this fine state. I asked my buddy for my pistol back and we were on our way. 27 is a 2 lane highway? road? thing and I saw a Crown Vic coming toward us in the other lane. The speed limit is 55 and we were so awesomely doing 73 (My buddy learned now why my wife doesn't drive)

When we passed him I looked back and he lit them up and turned around. It was 10PM and I was in the back seat. He approached the vehicle on the drivers side to which my hands were on the rear drivers side door and I had rolled the window down for his convenience. He asked me first for my ID and then moved to the drivers side door.

Blah blah same old spiel on why you were pulled over and then he asked if any weapons were in the vehicle. Since this is my first encounter with ISP I said "YEP!" right back here pal. I have a Glock 30 on my right hip. He said "Great, thanks for the information just sit tight". He came back with her $140 speeding ticket and said "have a good night".

The only ****ty thing this guy did was when we left, he literally pulled off the road and turned his lights off, and if any of you know 27 there isn't a light in sight, he was in total darkness in the middle of no where. Either way if you ever read this you popped my ISP cherry and it was a good encounter.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    good, glad it went well. I wish you yahoos (meant endearingly) would start getting these cops names so we can start writing letters of praise for the good ones and complaint letters for the bad ones.

only thing i would have not done was give him my ID if I wasnt the driver. none of their business. also I wouldnt have told him I had a pistol. also none of their business. but its good you got a nice guy that wasnt trying to infringe your rights.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    good, glad it went well. I wish you yahoos (meant endearingly) would start getting these cops names so we can start writing letters of praise for the good ones and complaint letters for the bad ones.

only thing i would have not done was give him my ID if I wasnt the driver. none of their business. also I wouldnt have told him I had a pistol. also none of their business. but its good you got a nice guy that wasnt trying to infringe your rights.

I know! I should have got his name. I agree with everything you said but I have been approached by my Sheriff's and Local LE, never ISP so figured I'd give him a shot. Not literally.

Also the ID thing, I was totally on the same track and asked myself why I gave him my ID. I guess I assumed if I complied he'd go easy on my friends girl? I'd hate to say "No thank you, sir, you can have the drivers ID" and then she gets the ticket anyway and blames me for being an ass lol.

On the same hand the same buddy was in my car one day when a cop asked if he had anything to drink to which he replied "Yep, about 20 oz. of Mountain dew". I wanted to slap the bastid.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Yeah, I can ask my buddys girl for it if she still has it. Also, back to this ID thing..I guess I am misinformed? Do I absolutely not have to provide my ID? Ya learn something new everyday and I'd like to add to my arsenal. I can just say no and that's it huh? No bull**** follows?

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Why did you give him your ID?

If the cop asks me for my ID, I give it to him. Run it. I have nothing to hide. I've asked plenty of people for their ID and never had malicious intent. Just want to know all the players and looking for wanted people. That's a great way to identify them. I know not everyone will agree with that. That's ok. I'm glad you didn't get a piece of steel stuck in your ear.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If the cop asks me for my ID, I give it to him. Run it. I have nothing to hide. I've asked plenty of people for their ID and never had malicious intent. Just want to know all the players and looking for wanted people. That's a great way to identify them. I know not everyone will agree with that. That's ok. I'm glad you didn't get a piece of steel stuck in your ear.

How about searching you car, house, your self, where exactly do you draw the line with them fishing for info?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    No you don't have to give your ID, but if you refused and got all defensive I have a feeling the encounter wouldn't have been so pleasant when he was told you had a gun on you. ;)

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    You are only required to identify yourself if you have committed an infraction or ordinance violation. You had done neither, so in this case you had no legal obligation to provide ID. Your driver, however, would.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

yeah you dont now but maybe you will one day. what if the govt starts asking for ID or scanning ID's and keeping track of our movements (oh wait they already do) and you get labeled as a terrorist and locked away? nothing to hide really isnt the point here.
    just remember that every right you just casually throw away or shuck off to "I have nothing to hide", MANY Americans have died through history and are still dying to allow you to keep those rights that you take for granted. people who say they have nothing to hide, sure search everything, are the people who will allow congress to take them away from us freely. so think of more than yourself people the next time you just freely consent to a search or hand over your ID or your gun ect.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    No you don't have to give your ID, but if you refused and got all defensive I have a feeling the encounter wouldn't have been so pleasant when he was told you had a gun on you. ;)

oh, so now if we dont comply with orders that are not required under the law we face stiffer penalties? so because I know my rights and dont self incriminate Im gonna be punished for following the law myself? well that sucks :rolleyes:

im not gonna let anyone intimidate me into complying. **** that! ruin my day, i have time to burn.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    How about searching you car, house, your self, where exactly do you draw the line with them fishing for info?

I'm not giving permission to search my home or my car but I have no problem identifying myself if he/she asks. I understand the slippery slope line of thinking and can appreciate the point. I will still give my ID if a police officer asks for it. Searching my car for no reason other than we're both on the side if the road (because he pulled me over is like saying to someone, "I know I don't know you at all but I would hate waste this condom...." that line never really worked for me.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm not giving permission to search my home or my car but I have no problem identifying myself if he/she asks. I understand the slippery slope line of thinking and can appreciate the point. I will still give my ID if a police officer asks for it. Searching my car for no reason other than we're both on the side if the road (because he pulled me over is like saying to someone, "I know I don't know you at all but I would hate waste this condom...." that line never really worked for me.

you have to use that line only AFTER you have given her A beer. :): you must give them a way to blame being a slut on something else. "I was drunk"(on one beer :):) "i was high" "it was a full moon" "he bought me a new dress" "i broke a nail earlier in the day and it threw my whole day off" "my boyfriend went to hang out with his friends so I taught him a lesson" .... etc ... lesson for today concluded :):

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    I wouldn't have rolled the window down.
    That's what prompted the officer to ask for ID in the first place IMHO.

Yeah like I said, I was giving a State boy a run for his money to try the waters. It turned out OK, but I think i'm going to refrain from ID giving this day forward unless required. I need a little book to print out so when someone goes all "Philly" on me I can hand him the book...or should I throw it at 'em?

Glocker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    If he asked for ID , I would give it to them , it is just going to make the experience harder if you don't give it up.
    Sure it may be infringing on your rights, but it has been going on for so long, they will be suspicious if you do not give it up.
    If you feel like you want to fight "the Man" go for it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    If he asked for ID , I would give it to them , it is just going to make the experience harder if you don't give it up.
    Sure it may be infringing on your rights, but it has been going on for so long, they will be suspicious if you do not give it up.
    If you feel like you want to fight "the Man" go for it

It seems that in the past, many gun owners felt that if we would give up certain "less desirable" aspects of the right to keep and bear arms (assault weapons, hi-caps, class 3, etc) that somehow the anti's would like us more, feel that we were more reasonable and leave us alone with our hunting rifles and shotguns.

Fortunately, more and more people are waking up to the realization that unless we continually "fight the Man" to keep our rights, they will be continually trampled until they no longer exist.

I'm sorry to hear your defeatist attitude. It makes it harder for those who want to fight to retain their liberty. WE must stand up for our rights, no one else will!

Top Bottom