• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alphabrace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Appendix carry, I believe, is the fastest draw. Unfortunately it seems that those who are in shape as in ROUND, cannot conceal as well in this carry position...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's only because the round ones haven't found the right holster.

When I was more round and robust, I carried that way as easy as I can now at 55lbs lighter.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I've read about appendix carry alot and I've tried it a few times. I really want to like it for its speed and concealability, but I just cant get over the safety concerns. I know that people say training can overcome the safety concerns, however in my book; Murphy's Law + gun pointed at crotch/femoral artery = Recipe for disaster waiting to happen.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've read about appendix carry alot and I've tried it a few times. I really want to like it for its speed and concealability, but I just cant get over the safety concerns. I know that people say training can overcome the safety concerns, however in my book; Murphy's Law + gun pointed at crotch/femoral artery = Recipe for disaster waiting to happen.

Holster holster holster.

A holstered gun is not pointing at anything. It is holstered.

Hogie08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    I've been carrying Appendix for about a year now. Not necessarily skinny, but I do have a bit of a gut. As stated, its very fast and easily concealable, but one my favorite things is how comfortable it is while seated, such as in a car. I can even easily get a good and safe draw from this position, much better than any other carry position I have tried.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Yes. It is much safer to carry stong side belt. There is no possible way that a ND could hit the same femoral artery then - after all, it would have to pass through a few inches of flesh to do so, thus you are totally protected. It is certainly foolish to carry apendix - there are just so many extra safety concerns.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Saying appendix carry is unsafe is a training issue.

There are far more advantages to appendix carry than there are strong side carry.

Training. Get some.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Saying appendix carry is unsafe is a training issue.

There are far more advantages to appendix carry than there are strong side carry.

Training. Get some.
    I agree with you. As long as you have the proper gear and training appendix carry is a viable option. It's just one I choose not to practice.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Totally disagree. I am round and appendix is probably the most easily concealed position there is for me. If you are wearing a huge bulky kydex rig that are popular right now, then yes maybe AIWB is not the most concealable.

For appendix I find the simpler the better. I was using a Raven Vanguard II with my g23 for sometime, absolutely no printing with just a single shirt for concealment. I have gone more towards the cheap soft sided galco holsters that can be found at any gun shop for my CM9 and G23. They can be tricky to re-holster with, however they are easily removed and repositioned if you wanted to reholster off the belt (sucks for practice, but wouldn't matter in a SD scenario).

With the Galco's I find the gun rides a little lower then I'd like, but I have not had any trouble adjusting to obtain a proper grip prior to un-holstering. The VGII's ride height can be adjusted. The soft leather of the Galco's make carrying a G23 sized pistole all day in AIWB as comfortable as it can be.

hoosier4d9r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    Evansville
    hahaha

I figured you'd be used to something soft hanging in that area.

Loved reading this so much...I had to make my first post around it. Lmao

My dads a roly poly kinda guy and he's carried a combat commander in the appendix carry for years. As long as peter the pipe isnt coming up to pull the trigger, what do you have down there that will? Plus most holsters go around the trigger guard just to prevent that. Id feel comfortable carrying my SCCY appendix carry any day. Just my $0.02.:twocents:

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Saying appendix carry is the fastest draw is a little bold. I'm not against appendix carry, and properly done I think it is an effective way to carry. Personally though I just don't feel comfortable with a gun pointing at my nads.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Saying appendix carry is the fastest draw is a little bold. I'm not against appendix carry, and properly done I think it is an effective way to carry. Personally though I just don't feel comfortable with a gun pointing at my nads.

Lack of training.

Top Bottom