• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    what guns are you guys carrying appendix?

Full size M&P9.

I get it, but I also get how someone wouldn't like the thought of a gun near their nads.

That's where the training issue comes into play. You have to understand what your gun is and is not capable of. A holstered gun carried AIWB is not going to spontaneously discharge any more than on carried strong-side OWB, yet for some reason, the latter is seen by many as inherently 'safer'. How many times a day does the muzzle of a hip carried (either IWB or OWB) cover another person? I bet it's many more than you think. Start paying attention to muzzle direction when seated, bending, climbing stairs/ladders, or simply walking on any floor above a basement. Do you believe you're placing all of those people in danger?

Your nuts are in no more danger than those people.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    sounds like you are getting some nice sized pistols concealed that way then. I was looking into doing a 19 appendix and looking at holsters but haven't found anything I am sold on but several I like.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    sounds like you are getting some nice sized pistols concealed that way then. I was looking into doing a 19 appendix and looking at holsters but haven't found anything I am sold on but several I like.
    408564655.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My buddy has a glock 19 in galco kydex holster I just threw on to try out the whole appendix carry thing and it was fantastic to an extent I could in no way sit with it on at all. Maybe with some different holsters or better positioning but what I experienced was not pleasant to say the least. I want to go this way I think but I need to find something that works. Enough people do it I know I can find a way that works for me.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My buddy has a glock 19 in galco kydex holster I just threw on to try out the whole appendix carry thing and it was fantastic to an extent I could in no way sit with it on at all. Maybe with some different holsters or better positioning but what I experienced was not pleasant to say the least. I want to go this way I think but I need to find something that works. Enough people do it I know I can find a way that works for me.

We are all built a little different, but I have driven from MI to SC straight through (except gas stops) and had no issues with comfort. This was wearing two guns, dual appendix if you will. (I know you only have an appendix on one side) This was using an Archangel and a Zach.
    zach2.jpg
    archangel11.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    chezuki;4789905.. Start paying attention to muzzle direction when seated said:
    That reminds me of a story. I was in a rifle class and shooting prone. The instructor came to me and asked me to take my handgun off because the guys BEHIND me felt uncomfortable because my holstered gun was pointing at them. I was amazed. No Kirk was not one of the guys.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Full size M&P9.

That's where the training issue comes into play. You have to understand what your gun is and is not capable of. A holstered gun carried AIWB is not going to spontaneously discharge any more than on carried strong-side OWB, yet for some reason, the latter is seen by many as inherently 'safer'. How many times a day does the muzzle of a hip carried (either IWB or OWB) cover another person? I bet it's many more than you think. Start paying attention to muzzle direction when seated, bending, climbing stairs/ladders, or simply walking on any floor above a basement. Do you believe you're placing all of those people in danger?

I understand it is safe and I am not claiming it is less safe, but on a personal level I don't feel comfortable with a gun pointing at my balls. Also to say my opinion is a lack of training is wrong. Like I have stated previously I understand that appendix carry is an effective way to carry. I am only against it on a personal comfort level.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Against it on a personal level?

What about the fear of putting another hole in your butt by carrying in the small of the back?
    What about the fear of shooting your leg when carrying strong side?

The same risks are involved no matter what position you carry.

The whole fear of carrying in a certain position revolves around lack of training.

Training, and carrying your gun in a proper quality holster. If you follow that, you won't shoot yourself.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I get it, but I also get how someone wouldn't like the thought of a gun near their nads.

Yes, and by that logic, pointing a fully loaded gun at your head (with your finger off the trigger) and walking around with it there all day is perfectly safe from a mechanical standpoint because that gun is not capable of firing itself. Right?

You can say that "its all a training/holster issue", but that doesn't change the fact that when you appendix carry you are still pointing a gun at a vital area of your body, and there is no arguing that appendix carry does pose MORE of a risk than strong-side carry.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    . appendix carry does pose MORE of a risk than strong-side carry.

I agree. More of a risk of serious injury and more of a risk of having your gun spotted and taken away. (see what I did there?) No, actually I do agree and it is a risk I choose to take. I have no quarrel with those who don't want to carry that way.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Against it on a personal level?

What about the fear of putting another hole in your butt by carrying in the small of the back?
    What about the fear of shooting your leg when carrying strong side?

The same risks are involved no matter what position you carry.

The whole fear of carrying in a certain position revolves around lack of training.

Training, and carrying your gun in a proper quality holster. If you follow that, you won't shoot yourself.

Would you rather be shot in the butt or your family jewels, in the unlikelihood that it would happen carrying strong side or appendix carrying?

Lack of training and not being comfortable doing something are two completely different things. You can train and train and be able to execute flawlessly, but still feel uncomfortable with a gun pointing at your nuts.

Like I have stated before I am all for carrying any way that is safe and effective, but you have to come to terms that some men cherish their man hood.

Top Bottom