• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I was stocking up on 9mm for awhile and will start again. I am fairly comfortable with where I am at on ammo except for 5.56. I use 55 grain ball pretty much exclusively, but I want to get some Black Hills 77 grain OTM to try.
    As far as the lowers, I am in the camp of buying the complete rifle IF you can afford it. Prices on parts during a ban will go through the roof and for many be cost prohibitive. AR15's are very reasonable right now. Again, if you can afford one. YMMV.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    MRE,s $4.70 a pouch here at Uncle Bens rest home (Ft. Ben Harrison).
    I bought two pouches of Chill Mac, I toss them in a box when I get home for the Zombie or Hillary apocalypse.
    All I can do in a SHTF situation is eat them and use the resulting GAS on my Enemies later.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    All set for mags and lowers. Stocking up on primers and bullets.

Wish I could find .22 locally at a decent price. The local herd of neck-beards buy it all up, whenever Wally-World. gets some in.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I haven't been on here except to browse in awhile but I thought I'd ask if anyone was stocking up for the election season? Not trying to make a political discussion out of this at all but if HRC gets the big chair we can expect some legislation coming down the pipe that's going to make some stuff pretty scarce. Even if she doesnt, prices are going to go through the roof.

I'm thinking about buying stripped lowers as I have the money for them. If there's another whack at a rifle ban those suckers are going to be hot commodities. What do yall think? I've never been a fan of ARs but I figure I'll build one for myself and sell the rest.

I saw this coming in 2012 but didnt take full advantage of it and sold too early. I dont want that to happen again.

Nope. I've still got most of what I've stocked up on in the past. Besides, it didn't turn out as badly as we'd feared in the past, in terms of scarcity of ammo or guns. Quite the opposite, now, with the exception of .22.

The beauty of capitalism is that where there is demand, there WILL be supply, eventually.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    Looking for some decently priced brass 223. Just picked up 1500 9mm and 4000 22lr. I have 3 bullet lowers and a poly lower waiting to be built. Just not sure what to do to them after building them.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If anyone needs AK mags, Apex has Croation steel mags, new in oily sealed plastic with BHO for 13.50 each. I've not tried mine yet (just came today) but they look perfect and brand new. I just ordered a couple more. Shipping is 6.75 and I think it may be flat rate up to a point, so i kind of wish I'd have ordered 4 in the first place.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=ARM30MAGB

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    We usually budget In for ammo every month as part of the preps. I've been getting as much 45 as I can cause I'm hoping for another 1911 for the birthday. The wife takes care of me so this year I may have to try a Springfield. We'll see.

Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    I'm increasing my reloading supply. Certain powders are hard to get now. And gonna get more 22 since my boys will be shooting soon. Defiantly NOT in the sell for profit group

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I just keep reloading like normal. I like to shoot ,so I keep a good quantity of my favorites loaded up, at least an ammo can of each. Mostly 3-6 of each.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Why not just buy AR's rather than the lowers? You'd already have a fully assembled gun rather than pieces.

The AR lower is the only part of an AR that is considered a "firearm", therefore the only part that the Batf (government) has control over . Once you have the lower the remainder of the parts are not considered a firearm and can be purchased online, at gun shops or at gun shows without any issue. Even if the government tries to regulate or eliminate the sale of AR's, the remaining parts will not be affected.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Sure am sitting on few thousand rounds of ammo..and been loading up on high capacity magazines.....what I always do this....nevermind guess I'm always buying magazines and ammo lol

Arrowsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2016
    Central Florida
    I strongly suggest that if buying lowers out of concern re: future availability then you buy the entire thing and not take chances on being able to come up with parts later.
    Local gun store is selling complete AR rifles by Smith & Wesson and Colt for under $600. I would not want to buy more than a few since they could be banned in future.

Top Bottom