• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    I had a 22/45 that was pretty reliable but I hated to own a weapon sold by the guy, Bill Ruger, that sat down with Congress and wrote the 1994 AWB, effecting everyone but him.

I have a SIG Misquito but average 3 FTF's out of 8 mags, 80 rounds.

Anyone have a RELIABLE .22 that they would recommend? Oh! It has to have a threaded barrel so I can use my can. Thanks.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For current production, I have had great luck with Browning Buckmarks. I am wanting one of the new S&W M&P22 Compacts which can have an adapter added for suppressor use. They seem to have a good rep.

For old school, I really like the S&W 2206/422/622/2213 & 2214 line. These also have a barrel nut which can be replaced with a threaded adapter and are very reliable. There is a NIB 4" Md 422 w/ 2 mags at Martinsville Guns for like $350.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    You do know that Bill Ruger and his ideas are dead don't you? I suppose you don't own any Smith & Wesson's either because the old owners signed a deal with Clinton do you?

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ive got thousands of rounds through my Ruger MK3 on no cleaning's. It has jammed up 2x in that amount of time, and a couple drops of lube got it up and running again. Im sure there are others, but I've never found a good reason to sell the MK3, and buy something else.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I own multiple .22s. There are other good ones, but none better than the Ruger. Bill Ruger is dead and buried and Ruger has moved on. You should too.

rugerBX25_zpsa46c6154.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ive got thousands of rounds through my Ruger MK3 on no cleaning's. It has jammed up 2x in that amount of time, and a couple drops of lube got it up and running again. Im sure there are others, but I've never found a good reason to sell the MK3, and buy something else.

This... I have over 15k rounds through my MK 3 suppressed and unsupressed with only a handful of malcunctions... mostly ammo related, a few were because it was really dirty and a few drops of lube fixed that even.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sig Mosquitos are notorious for being picky eaters. I think the owners manual states to use CCI mini mags.

Browning Buckmark and Ruger are your best bets.

I had a Walther P22 that are everything. But have seen others not fair so well.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Sig Mosquitos are notorious for being picky eaters. I think the owners manual states to use CCI mini mags.

Browning Buckmark and Ruger are your best bets.

I had a Walther P22 that are everything. But have seen others not fair so well.

Think I will give the Browning a try. Thanks to those that recommended it!

As to Ruger, he sold shooters AND OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS down the river for his own profit. Others can turn a cheek. I will leave that to Jesus and hope Bill is spending eternity where all American TRAITORS should be. I am amazed at the 'forgive and forget' attitude. I wonder where the Bill supporters draw the line. Would they forgive having their wife raped, child killed, house burned down, or 9/11? Some things you do NOT forgive.

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This... I have over 15k rounds through my MK 3 suppressed and unsupressed with only a handful of malcunctions... mostly ammo related, a few were because it was really dirty and a few drops of lube fixed that even.

I agree, I don't think you can beat a Mk3. I have no clue how many rounds I have through mine, and it rarely has an issue.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am amazed at the 'forgive and forget' attitude. I wonder where the Bill supporters draw the line. Would they forgive having their wife raped, child killed, house burned down, or 9/11? Some things you do NOT forgive.
    You appear to have a lot of hatred going there. Most do not spend time hating current Germans or Japanese for WW2. You can do as you wish with your firearm, but I hope you can find a way to overcome your hostility. Good luck.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I speak very highly of my Ruger SR22. Haven't had a minutes trouble out of that gun regardless of what I've shot from it. Might look into one of those.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have both Ruger 22/45and the M&P 22 both work well but the M&P eats everything and is a blast to shoot

fuzzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    I have both an M&P 22 and the Colt 1911 Gold Cup and both are great shooters. They seem to eat anything. Just picked up the Colt from CDNN Sports for a great price. CDNN has awesome customer service too.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Love my Buckmark/TacSol. Hundreds of rounds, no FTF/FTE, maybe once in a great while the slide won't hold back after the last shot. Otherwise perfect!

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Think I will give the Browning a try. Thanks to those that recommended it!

As to Ruger, he sold shooters AND OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS down the river for his own profit. Others can turn a cheek. I will leave that to Jesus and hope Bill is spending eternity where all American TRAITORS should be. I am amazed at the 'forgive and forget' attitude. I wonder where the Bill supporters draw the line. Would they forgive having their wife raped, child killed, house burned down, or 9/11? Some things you do NOT forgive.

Uh, wow.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom