• ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have one, will have more.

Mine has over 1500 rounds fired, with no failures of any kind, and still looks new. It's durable, accurate, simple to strip and clean, 15+1, stainless option. Only downside is it is a tad large.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    :rockwoot:

sorry, what was the question?

Oh yeah, P95: great gun. Had mine since 2003. Mine's the stainless decocker only model (KP95DC). shoots great. the aftermarket magazines I have aren't great, but the factory mags work just fine. I don't have anything negative to say about the gun itself.

behinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Decatur
    Have one, it was my first handgun i ever purchased. shoots well, very reliable, Probably never sell it.

mine is the decocker model.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    My brother bought one in 98 I believe. its a black decocker we have probably put 10,000 rounds through it and it will shoot anything. He bought 3 1000 round cases of wolf and I gave him crap about being cheap and that I have never found a gun that really liked wolf. Well I was wroung it had no problems.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    I've got a P89DC (decock only ) had since 1993 , had a truck load of ammo through it never had a function problem with it . A little on the large size for carry , but still a great gun

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    First pistol I ever owned was a KP-95DC. Reliability was great and it was fun to shoot, but it was too large for me to effectively conceal, and the trigger pull left something to be desired. I eventually traded it on a Glock of some sort, and never looked back.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Got a P95DC. Love it. Used to shoot it in USPSA. Gave the range officers fits when I would drop the hammer on a live round when loading and making ready.

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for all the input. I am getting one of the KP95s...it is the external safety with the decock model. I can't seem to find just the DC model...or at least the distributor through my local sports store doesn't carry it. They are asking 329.00 for it. A fellow who owns a small shop says he can get me the DC version for 375.00...a little high for me. They also don't have the DC version listed at the Ruger website. Though I don't prefer external safeties I'll just have to remember to either swipe it every time I use it or keep it off....probably both just to make sure its ready when I need it.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Thanks for all the input. I am getting one of the KP95s...it is the external safety with the decock model. I can't seem to find just the DC model...

I believe Ruger discontinued all their decock-only models a year or two ago. Might find a distributor or dealer that still has old stock on the shelves, otherwise you'll probably have to look for a used one.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Love mine, P-95DC. Easy and safe to clean. You HAVE to take out the mag., lock the slide back,check for clear, push the ejector down before you can let the slide forward to where you remove the slide stop. No need to PULL THE TRIGGER to field strip.

wanderer32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    South, Louisiana
    I also have the P95DC with 2 regular mags and 1-15 round aftermarket. Great gun, shoots well, easy to clean. I like the 15 round best but usually load all 3 then non stop action for a minute :ar15:

Top Bottom