• teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    P95DC here.
    I regularly carry it in fobus holster.
    I have the 10 round mags, cheapo 15 round mag (very cheapo--won't buy again).
    And a nice 35 round mag (feeds nice).
    Awesome gun.
    In single action mode, it is a very light and effective trigger.
    It has a heavier trigger pull in double action mode, because there is NO safety.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    ^^^^^Tek,
    If you have the DC you have a safety! White safe /Red fire. Also I have shot both a 2008 and 2009. Both have safeties. The decocker IS the external safety.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Neither gun I've fired will fire with the decocker down and the white dot showing. Red dot bang! Every time! Kinda like a Beretta safety. Up is fire. Down is safety.

Great gun. Big Gun. DA kinda heavey. ALmost like a J frame revolver.

EDIT: I may have my terminology screwed up but the gun I have and the one I had both worked like I described above. After decoking you had to flip it back up to fire. Left down the trigger is disengaged. Sorry if I mis-spoke or confused anyone....

Last edited:

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    ^^^^^Tek,
    If you have the DC you have a safety! White safe /Red fire. Also I have shot both a 2008 and 2009. Both have safeties. The decocker IS the external safety.
    Not on the P95DC (the models all look REAL close, but have slight differences).
    On the P95DC, there are NO colored dots.
    The decocker has a spring so that you push down to decock and then when you release, it pops right back up.
    No safety of any kind. (other than not loading one in the chamber until you want to fire).
    To be honest, I prefer this to any of the other designs out there.
    In that way, it is like carrying my Taurus revolvers.
    You pull the trigger, it goes bang.
    No need to remember to fumble with a safety or anything.
    (one handgun I had used 2 different safeties, kinda awkward)

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    All these great reviews...I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the Ruger. You know I don't think its that big really and the design is pretty cool looking too.

skynyrd1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    P95 DC

That's the gun my wife currently shoots. It was her first pistol and she will NEVER get rid of it....believe me I've tried to get her to trade it and she absolutely refuses. Great gun for the money. Very durable and will cycle just about anything. A P97 was my first .45 Built like a tank.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Used to have a P95, now own a P89. Compared to the metal framed 9mm P's (P89/93/94), the plastic P95 has a reputation (more people reported than its metal cousins) that the mag release spring is somewhat weak. When rubbed against holster/clothes/etc., some times the mag release will get snatched and pop the mag out just little. So when it's time to shoot the gun goes silent after the first shot...

Top Bottom