• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Don't worry it will come back as more people come on. Then sell and buy again. Ride it while it lasts.

I have a 50% gain in just over 12 hours. Where else can U get that kind of return.

jkmonte07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    I was in a few years back when prices first spiked but I sold everything back then. Kicking myself for it now.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    No worries get back in. Still lot of money to be made. Buy ripple now!!!! It just hit .81. By tonight at this rate I will be at double my money. I'm going to buy more now before it hits $1

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just can't get coinbase to sync with my bank. When i call their help number they say too busy and hang up on me.

They've been getting killed the past few weeks (stuffing money in bags, no doubt), you're not the only one I know of having this problem. I assume they didn't expect to have the volume they are having. Their mobile phone app was the TOP downloaded app recently. That's pretty insane.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Well, it's complicated. Do you own any Bitcoin? And do you know anything about Ripple? I'm interested in why you asked specifically about that coin.

I'm looking to get into some. I plan to buy litecoin, and figured I would throw something at ripple/xrp while it's cheap. All I know is what I've read about it the last day or two.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    What is a crypto worth. Same as a gun what someone will pay for it. Most major gains are riding the waves now. Future is uncertain but looks brute overall.

Bitcoin / bit cash is always going to have the name and the number one stop on the list.
    Etherium seems to have the best block chain and could be an easy way for programmers to bring crypto into use in a major way.

The rest well time will only tell. Lite coin has a following then ripple etc. the 800 pounder in the room is bitcoin. Be careful swing for the fences and don't be afraid to get out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm looking to get into some. I plan to buy litecoin, and figured I would throw something at ripple/xrp while it's cheap. All I know is what I've read about it the last day or two.

Here, take a look at this:
    https://coinmarketcap.com

Ripple/XRP has a a circulating supply off ver 38 Billion and a price of 86 cents. Comparatively Bitcoin has a supply of 16 million, and Litecoin of 54 million. That tells me, that Ripple is REALLY expensive right not. There's not a heck of a lot of room for it to grow either, certainly not anywhere near BTC or LTC. Most of the money being poured into Ripple is from banks. It's a coin meant for the seemless transfer of money from bank to bank. Historically, in Ripple's very short life, the banks run up the price late in the year, and then selloff. I expect Ripple to drop like a rock at the beginning of the year.... and then towards the end of 2018, rise from the ashes to a healthy price... rinse and repeat. You can probably expect to double your money with that knowledge in mind, but I'd find it highly unlikely that you'd ever see 10X or even 5X returns.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Clay-
    Kutnupe14 has already given you the warning. You do the following entirely at your own risk. To trade for alternate coins, open an account at an exchange other than Coinbase. Coinbase is currently limited to just Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum. They are supposedly expanding that list next year.

1. Open an account at another exchange (ex: Poloniex, Binance). They are much easier to register at than Coinbase as they don't deal in US dollars and have to follow far fewer regulations. Be sure to look over the sites first. They offer different mixes of alt-coins, so make sure they cover what you are interested in. Also, note the exchange pairs. You can't just directly trade anything for anything: ex: BTC/XRP supported, ETH/XRP not supported. Read about their rules/fees/etc.
    2. Get a receiving address at the exchange for the crypto you are sending. Send some crypto. Wait until they say it has cleared.
    3. Start trading.
    4. Document your trades. When you sell cryptos for dollars, you will have capital gains/losses and handle taxes accordingly.
    5. Optional, but recommended. If you are not actively trading, you should seriously consider sending cryptos to wallet(s) that you control. Exchanges have been hacked before (Mt. Gox, Bitfinix, NiceHash, etc). Make sure to protect/backup your wallet(s).

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is a crypto worth. Same as a gun what someone will pay for it. Most major gains are riding the waves now. Future is uncertain but looks brute overall.

Bitcoin / bit cash is always going to have the name and the number one stop on the list.
    Etherium seems to have the best block chain and could be an easy way for programmers to bring crypto into use in a major way.

The rest well time will only tell. Lite coin has a following then ripple etc. the 800 pounder in the room is bitcoin. Be careful swing for the fences and don't be afraid to get out.

Ugh BCash... don't get me started on Roger Ver.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I hope you aren't expecting a serious answer. Like with the stock market, no one knows. With education and practice, you can make educated guesses.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Remeber Bitcoin is the reserve coin. Even if 2 to 5% per week growth it's still better than any bank. 50k was a safe bet now they say Bitcoin 1 million. If you want to play safe go Bitcoin. If you want high risk high gains go other coins.

Top Bottom