• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you trust them as a fair price provider?

i tried to scan my d/l on computer and it said check back in 48hours due to load. Then I tried on my phone and it said check in 30. Then I waited five and it worked

Yes. Their fees are comparatively high compared to other places, but that's because they an entry-level platform. But the fees still are relatively small.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    so coinbase really needs to update their capacity, site acting weird.

I dumped $400 into litecoin, buying at the top, probably bad, oh well. I ended up with 1.02 coins. Was about $12 in fees. Then it returned me to my account and saw my litecoin wallet was worth about $330. wth. Then I refreshed and it was at $375 and suddenly I have $10.11 of BTC :dunno:

litecoin price on coinbase went from 370 to 315 instantly twice in the last 10 mins. Is there some bot trading that happens?

Litecoin has been exceptionally volatile today. Coinbase is getting hammered with the sudden rush to cryptos and so many newbies going there. You might want to read a little more about differing prices that I posted earlier.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    so I'm trying to link my bank account using the app. First it told me my pwd was wrong six times, but it wasn't. Then I was able to get to the security questions, which it says I answered correctly, but keeps giving me the same security question again :xmad:

So I tried to website, still stuck on the security question for the bank.

They seriously need to fix their crap.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    so I'm trying to link my bank account using the app. First it told me my pwd was wrong six times, but it wasn't. Then I was able to get to the security questions, which it says I answered correctly, but keeps giving me the same security question again :xmad:

So I tried to website, still stuck on the security question for the bank.

They seriously need to fix their crap.
    They’re currently getting their asses handed to them. Everyone and their brother is trying to sign up for that site right now. Give it a few hours. Hopefully they can reign in the traffic and get back up to 100%

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Takes days to finally get verified on coin base. Link your bank account ASAP as u don't want to miss out. The real money is in other coins. Buy litecoin transfer over to purchase other cheap coins. Those coins are jumping 10 to 50% a day. Killing to be made there. Bitcoin and litecoin are done for big returns. Buy the cheap coins people. Coin tards we ride!!!!

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In doing some analysis of major cryptos, I came up with some interesting info that I figured I'd share.

You can see where Bitcoin has been bumping up against it's blocksize limit for a while now, with each of their blocks almost full at 1MB. This is the bottleneck that they are fighting and it is driving up the price of transactions. When a miner selects which new transactions to put into the next block, they are going to select the ones that pay the highest transaction fees.
    AlRmMj2.png

Here are the median (middle, not average) fees. You can see Bitcoin's fees rising dramatically as the blocks filled up and they've had a backlog ever since.
    OIKAjxB.png

Ethereum has a very different setup from Bitcoin and has been pushing through more transactions (particularly crypto-kitties recently). You can see how Bitcoin has not been able to push up the number of transactions processed/day.
    8IWDes7.png

At least part of Litecoin's recent run-up has had to do with the following factors:
    • It is very similar to Bitcoin and one of the major alt-coins, which provides a certain level of trust.
    • Bitcoin is bogged down and suffering from delays and large transaction fees, Litecoin currently has none of those problems.
    • Litecoin has a lower price. Some buyers who can't afford a full Bitcoin feel better about buying 1+ Litecoins instead. This same reasoning is why you occasionally have stock splits (to keep each unit more affordable). This is purely psychological, but the attraction to buyers is real.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've stayed uninterested, but maybe I haven't spent enough time on it.

You have a certain fundamental value underlying the investment, correct? Gold or whatnot.

A rise in price of the coin is due to what...demand?

Isn't this just another trader bubble? I can see that undocumentable transactions are valuable to certain fields, but what value does that have for an investor?

Bubble.

JOE KENNEDY, a famous rich guy in his day, exited the stock market in timely fashion after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good, a theory also advanced by Bernard Baruch, another vested interest who described the scene before the big Crash:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've stayed uninterested, but maybe I haven't spent enough time on it.

You have a certain fundamental value underlying the investment, correct? Gold or whatnot.

A rise in price of the coin is due to what...demand?

Isn't this just another trader bubble? I can see that undocumentable transactions are valuable to certain fields, but what value does that have for an investor?

Bubble.

What's the underlying value of the US dollar? Cryptocurrencies have an abstract value. It banks the unbanked, holds value, is easily transfers, unregulated, and private... things that regular fiat, isn't, or doesn't do. Recent events have only given it MORE legitimacy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What's the underlying value of the US dollar? Cryptocurrencies have an abstract value. It banks the unbanked, holds value, is easily transfers, unregulated, and private... things that regular fiat, isn't, or doesn't do. Recent events have only given it MORE legitimacy.

What is the value of the US consumer franchise? The value of all Federal lands held in trust? The value of our military. Our GDP?

What is the underlying value of a crypto coin?

More legitimacy? Not when it varies with the wild swings that it has. It is unstable.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'd love to buy some ripple.

finally found ripple yesterday at .50. I'll cash out at $100. :rockwoot:

Or do some crying when it fails...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom