Anyone have an EAA Windicator .357 revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Had one. Bought it along with an FN Barracuda in a sweetheart deal.

The Barracuda fell apart. The EAA survived a few shooting sessions (I'm high volume). The timing was OK but man, the trigger cocking was 15 pounds or so and rougher than a Warren County country road.

I melted the FN and traded the Windicator off to a buddy.

I wouldn't bother with it, but what do you want to do with it, and, more importantly, are you getting a deal?

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have always been a fan of using revolvers as a BUG or occasional off-duty carry so it caught my eye. Don't know if it is a "deal", but it is within my price range.

The fact that it is heavy doesn't bother me, especially since I will shoot the .357 cartridge through it. I don't know anything about them and don't want to buy a piece of junk.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    They don't book very high and for what people are asking for them just makes me laugh. I have not shot them but have held them and they just do not feel right. For that same amount of money and with patience you can find a better deal on something better.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Bought mine new for $289 and I love it. ( 4in bbl ). It's been a really decent and accurate gun. I reload a lot and I take it out every chance I get. I was highly surprised at its accuracy.

Last edited:

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Got one from a fellow INgoer for $250 almost a year ago. 2" barrel very accurate, was able to shoot a golf ball at about 10 yd with some Golden Saber .357. The lock up was tight, the grip was nice and for that price point it's hard to beat. At first I wasn't sure about shooting .357 since the barrel was stamped .38 in big letters and had .357 in small letters under it, but it's held up nicely.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I had one that I bought brand new back in 2003 i believe. It was originally bought for my wife (X now). It was the 2" barrel. Thing bucked like a mule and was deafening. It locked up tight and was actually quality built for a "cheap" revolver. I sold it after I got rid of the x (via divorce not the gun) :D
    I would get another if they would ever come with adjustable sights.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I had one that I bought brand new back in 2003 i believe. It was originally bought for my wife (X now). It was the 2" barrel. Thing bucked like a mule and was deafening. It locked up tight and was actually quality built for a "cheap" revolver. I sold it after I got rid of the x (via divorce not the gun) :D
    I would get another if they would ever come with adjustable sights.

Yea, they have a pretty stiff kick but they're so much fun to shoot with reactive targets.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just looked through the paper, and gander has em on sale for $250 right now
    Got mine for this price last year. Personally I think it was a great deal. While not the best revolver you can buy, I don't think you can go wrong at this price. It's heavy for sure, and when you load it with 38 special loads it's a very mild shooter. My wife even enjoys shooting it, and she is very recoil sensitive.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I bought one in summer '11 as my first gun for home defense. Its not as pretty as others and the grooves on the trigger get uncomfortable after awhile and but I have to say, it fires everytime, its surprisingly accurate and due to its weight, the recoil is minimal. My wife prefers shooting it over my XDs .45 and 9mm. I paid $289
    <------------ Btw, its right over there

Top Bottom