Anyone have a "guns to buy list" if Obama says gun control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    In the case there is another gun ban

If your waiting until then its too late already. There seems to be some "good" deals to be had now on guns that banners would like to outlaw. Maybe it's time to give yourself a merry Christmas. Oh yeah don't forget the ammo and high capacity mags.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If I had to make do with what I've got now I'd be just fine. I have my list because I've already over extended myself with my purchasing. The list is made of items that are a last chance to ever buy kind of thing.

I'll be waiting because I'm not made of $$ unfortunately.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Honestly I don't think another ban is coming anytime soon. There is not enough support for it in congress and as was already pointed out most congressmen and senators are not willing to risk their careers over it. Also gun owners are much better organized today than they were in 1994.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Honestly I don't think another ban is coming anytime soon. There is not enough support for it in congress and as was already pointed out most congressmen and senators are not willing to risk their careers over it. Also gun owners are much better organized today than they were in 1994.

I agree. Obama and Holder have both publicly acknowledged that a renewed AWB isn't really feasible right now. If it were, though, I'd be tempted to pick up an AK...

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've actually got all the guns that I've ever wanted to have. As soon as I get that 1903A3 out of layaway...and I get that Victory model S&W. But I don't think those guns would ever make a "ban" list.

So I'll stick with what I've been doing...mags and ammo. And more ammo.

Actually...maybe I should be thinking of spare parts too.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I have a list but it's not because of Obama, just some guns I would like to own but not because of a ban. Right now I'm trying to stock up on ammo more than anything.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't have a list. Because I think if the big O doses says gun control its going to be very restrictive and all encompassing. Like a international UN ban on all private gun ownership. That way he can try to claim that it wasn't him, it was out of his hands. I really think the next gun control effort by the left will be a gun ban effort.

triton54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE
    Lead, Primers, Powder... many many more hi-cap mags... and a M200. just in case the SHTF and i need a deer hunting rifle.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have about everything I want in firearms right now, or at least, everything I can afford. [sigh]

Continue to pick up a little ammo, and there's a couple of magazines I need a few more of. I need a couple of P.14 mags and a couple of XD mags.

Reading these posts, I can see why ammo supplies are still a bit sketchy as well as pricey.

I do think there will eventually be a Dem inspired attack on firearm rights; exactly when, I don't know.

I do know almost any of the Obama team are capable of blundering out an anti-gun statement at any moment, sending everything into a spin again.............

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    That is what caused the storage in the first place

AMMO rush causes SHORTAGES,
    SHORTAGES
    SHORTAGES
    SHORTAGES
    SHORTAGES
    SHORTAGES
    There are no shortages,,just phony ones created by the NRA and the ammo distributors. They both have made a wad of cash in the past 28 months, but there are no shortages. First, it was the war, then when we didn't believe that anymore it was the cost of raw goods, then when we don't believe that anymore, it is because Obama the savior is going to take our guns, what happens when people don't believe that anymore??

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There are no shortages,,just phony ones created by the NRA and the ammo distributors. They both have made a wad of cash in the past 28 months, but there are no shortages. First, it was the war, then when we didn't believe that anymore it was the cost of raw goods, then when we don't believe that anymore, it is because Obama the savior is going to take our guns, what happens when people don't believe that anymore??

We will have plenty of cheap ammo on the shelves again.;)

Top Bottom