Anyone have a "guns to buy list" if Obama says gun control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ever since the last election I've struggled to even maintain reloading components let alone have a regular working supply of range ammo.

There are a few guns that have have always been on my "would like to have" list, but I can't always justify buying everything that I want. In the case there is another gun ban or even talks of one, I do have a list of these rifles that I plan on buying. Nothing crazy or exotic, just run of the mill stuff that would be taken off the shelves. I just wanted to think it through before hand and have my little list ready to go if the day ever comes again.

Does anyone else have their own list like this that's ready to go if we hear the words like gun control?

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Like many have done for the last 18 months,Buy any AR, AK. After that, any semi-auto rifle or handgun with a detachable mag, and buy hi-cap mags. After that, ammo, ammo, ammo,ammo,ammo.ammo......

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    I've picked up most of what I want that might get banned. Still want to get a couple of .30 M1 Carbines and plenty of magazines. After that it is ammunition and simple stuff that should be available for some time.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Just like when slick willie did.

Not too worried about it. Whatever president tele-prompter does can be repaired. We (the people of the USA are much bigger than any president). He has his hands pretty full right now, don't think he could tackle a gun ban right now and get away with it. I have what I want and need, didn't wait mainly because they aren't getting cheaper anyway.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Why is everyone so crazy about the ammo? High cap mags I see but the ammo because it's not yet restricted or why

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I already have an AK, seeing as there are talks of another possible assualt rifle ban. I have one high capity, non high powerd rifle. I have been stocking up on high cap pistol mags, for a while. Up to 7 for my Xd .40, and 4 for my Beretta 92 still going to buy 3 more. I have a short, and long barrel my 500. Next on my list is .223 bolt action with high power scope, and then another handgun. Cant really decide between an auto, or a revovler. Then there is ammo, ammo, and yes ammo. I try to stay prepared, instead of last minute buying!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Obama is not, I repeat, not going to try to put an "assault-weapons" ban into effect until at LEAST after the November 2010 mid-term Congressional. The Democrats right now are bending over backwards and putting their careers at risk for this healthcare bill - they're not about to commit political-suicide for a president who cannot help them get re-elected or who forces them out to further his own agenda - and believe it or not, each Congressperson has their own agenda in addition to the scam of getting re-elected.

So, at worst, we've got one year.

Best thing you could buy right now is everything you think you'll need.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Why is everyone so crazy about the ammo? High cap mags I see but the ammo because it's not yet restricted or why

.50BMG AP/I/T is way high up on the list of stuff our greedy government would LOVE to restrict to military usage... hell, anything in any caliber which is AP/I/T is going to be looked at with greedy eyes and grubby paws by the government.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd love to have a .50 in theory, but in real life I couldn't use it anywhere. :(

Now a 338 lapua, I can use at the range. :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I don't really have a list if gun control is mentioned... but I do have a nice wishlist that is going to take some serious savings or sidework, starting with an M200 Intervention :rockwoot:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have been buying guns on my wish list for the last 14 or 15 months every sense he got the Dem bid, I lived Thur the 1994 gun ban and remember having to pay $150.00 for a $16.00 Glock mag before the ban, So I am buying the rifles and hand guns that I want and will end up on that list if/when the Dem's make there move.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I guess maybe I'm backwards! I look at things from the other direction.

I decided some time ago, that I'm not going to wait for another AWB, or any kind of ban for that matter.

DIVERSITY is the key. If the SHTF scenario shows up, I want one (or more) of every caliber of weapon I can think of.
    If things are THAT bad, I'd rather be able to find ammo, then go get the weapon to fire it from, rather than try to find a specific ammo.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    DIVERSITY is the key. If the SHTF scenario shows up, I want one (or more) of every caliber of weapon I can think of.
    If things are THAT bad, I'd rather be able to find ammo, then go get the weapon to fire it from, rather than try to find a specific ammo.
    Yes, I too have diversified my portfolio. Yes, I have a wish list, but it has nothing to do with a ban. I guess if there were mention of a ban, I want a .50bmg and another 2 or 3 AKs and another SKS that accepts AK mags. However ammo and mags are priority right now.......I've only got around 1500 rounds for each of my guns and I know that won't last me the rest of my life.......Oh, and I want a few parts kits like springs and stuff for each of my guns and mags.

Top Bottom