• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Yea, use to ride, have had 9 harleys total over the years, had 3 at one time... But a 16 year old girl run a stop sign and killed my best friend and his wife that I rode with for many years and it just took something out of me and she "The 16yr old girl" didn't even have a mark on her... So i sold my last bike a 92 ultra classic.... My love for the ride hasn't been the same sence, but I have kicked it around from time to time to get another harley. Have been think'n of get'n a fatboy if I do, just because I haven't ever owned one ... But just can't get over the lost of my bud and his wife..... Wouldn't ride anything but a harley and it would have to be a evo or older, don't really care for the twin cam harleys .... But to each there own on what you ride....

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I rode Harley Davidsons from the age of 16 until ten years ago when I was in an auto accident at work that, at first, cost me the use of my legs. I now walk, with a cane most of the time but still have a weak back. I am not able to right a bike on my own anymore so if it fell over, I'd be stuck. I sold my last two bikes 8 years ago, a 2004 Road King (gold in color) and a 1990 Dyna Low Rider I had chopped and showed (and rode now and then for good measure). The Low Rider was red and black. I cannot possibly tell a person who has never been a biker just how much I miss riding. I am now toying with the idea of trying a smaller bike I can more easy pick up if it fell for around town at east. It is all but killing me to see and hear the bikes in the summer.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I rode Harley Davidsons from the age of 16 until ten years ago when I was in an auto accident at work that, at first, cost me the use of my legs. I now walk, with a cane most of the time but still have a weak back. I am not able to right a bike on my own anymore so if it fell over, I'd be stuck. I sold my last two bikes 8 years ago, a 2004 Road King (gold in color) and a 1990 Dyna Low Rider I had chopped and showed (and rode now and then for good measure). The Low Rider was red and black. I cannot possibly tell a person who has never been a biker just how much I miss riding. I am now toying with the idea of trying a smaller bike I can more easy pick up if it fell for around town at east. It is all but killing me to see and hear the bikes in the summer.
    Have you ever entertained the idea of a trike? Nothing to pick up if it doesn't fall over and you're back in the rider seat.
    Just a thought.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I've got a couple.

2009 BMW R1200RT
    Colorado2010Oregon2013270_zps8c615ac0.jpg

Just got this 2011 Ural Patrol. Sorry for the crappy pic.

photo_zps032266ef.jpg

Also have a 2006 KLR 650 and a 1981 BMW R100RS

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I haven't ridden in about 5 years. My last bike was a GSXR-750. My wife and I have been discussing my getting another bike. I would like a Busa or a ZX-14R. My wife wants me to get a cruiser. I think I will be looking for a compromise like a large sport/tourer.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Have you ever entertained the idea of a trike? Nothing to pick up if it doesn't fall over and you're back in the rider seat.
    Just a thought.
    I have and took a few for test rides even but somehow it wasn't the same. No leaning in to the turns, the maneuverability isn't the same either. In short ot was too much like driving for me. I also was going to get a side car for my Road King. I then had a friend who has a side car on his allow me to use his bike for a weekend while he rode mine. I hated it and almost wrecked it so that's out too.

They told me I wouldn't walk again right after the accident but I proved them wrong there. So I haven't given up on figuring out another HD either. I am a bit more broke now than I was which is also factoring into my return to the "wind" as well.

StuBob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (FLHTK? -- I can never remember the nomenclature) and a 2008 Triumph Bonneville. Before that, a BMW R1200GS, R1100RT, and a Honda Nighthawk 750. All great bikes, but the Harley is the easiest to ride, most comfortable for the passenger, and least painful for my knees and backside.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I have and took a few for test rides even but somehow it wasn't the same. No leaning in to the turns, the maneuverability isn't the same either. In short ot was too much like driving for me. I also was going to get a side car for my Road King. I then had a friend who has a side car on his allow me to use his bike for a weekend while he rode mine. I hated it and almost wrecked it so that's out too.

They told me I wouldn't walk again right after the accident but I proved them wrong there. So I haven't given up on figuring out another HD either. I am a bit more broke now than I was which is also factoring into my return to the "wind" as well.
    Buddies of mine own a shop in Michigan. They can install hydraulic wheels that come down from your saddle bags when the bike begins to slow down. By the time you stop, they are holding the bike up. When you throttle the bike to move forward, the wheels slowly come back up into the bags. Can't see em when your riding. If your interested, let me know!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Buddies of mine own a shop in Michigan. They can install hydraulic wheels that come down from your saddle bags when the bike begins to slow down. By the time you stop, they are holding the bike up. When you throttle the bike to move forward, the wheels slowly come back up into the bags. Can't see em when your riding. If your interested, let me know!

That's crazy! I've never heard of such a thing. Any pics/videos/website?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That's crazy! I've never heard of such a thing. Any pics/videos/website?
    It's a company in Florida I believe. They hired my buddies shop to do all the installation for the area. It somehow ties in with the RPMs. I'll try to find a website and post it. He did one for a gentleman a couple years ago and was really cool to watch these landing wheels go up and down!

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Currently own a 2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000. Stretched, slammed, and fun to ride! Even the wife owns a GSXR all her own! We ride probably 5K miles a year.

burnout box.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

A friend of mine spoke of renting one of those CanAms while in California this past year. Said it was a hoot to ride and you lean the turns. He's an INGO member. Let me know if you want to discuss it with him and I'll have him contact you.
    2011-CanAm-SpyderRSSa.jpg

Top Bottom