Anyone else have a "do not deal with" list?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm not asking for names of people, dealers or businesses.

With that being said, does anyone else have a "do not deal with list" and what are your criteria?

For example, Someone (on any type of forum or auction site) that "price gouges" items. I remembering seeing someone at a recent 1500 that was breaking open Thunderbolt 22LR bricks and repacking them 50 rounds per 'crack baggie' and selling them for $10-11 each. Or maybe a member here doing something similar, did you take note of his user ID in case he inquired about something you had for sale in the future, would you remember what he was doing and refuse to sell to him or give him an inflated rate mentioning his previous sales as the reason?

On a totally different type of forum several years ago I offered to buy an item once and was told that since I was new (less than 30 days) that the guy was taking a chance selling to me even though I was paying with a postal money order :n00b: and he wanted 10% more until I had a feedback count he liked. I told him to pound sand. That's what started my "list".

Another thing I saw over the weekend was on GB. A dealer had an XDS up for sale. He clearly in bold letters stated that the gun had already been sent back to Springfield for the recall and had been fixed and returned to him. Several members on XDTalk pointed this out and reported him to GB so they could look into it. The dealer has since changed his ad to state the gun is at Springfield now and is due to be returned fixed on Oct 15. So this guy is taking money for what was stated to be a fixed product in his hands, now he's taking money for a product that he doesn't even have in his possession with a date that he can't back up. This guy made my list.

I've had my running list for several years. It has the dealer/user/person, date, item, link if possible, what they were doing that caused them to go in the list, etc.

Anyone else?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have 1 person that I wont deal with from a business standpoint. On a personal level, Im about like Trigger Time above. There are quite a few companies that wont get a dollar from me, even if they have the best price. Money is not everything.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    There is only one business that I will NEVER go back to. Make a long story short, they told me $30 for a service, I arrived there 10 minutes later, and they said $100 because they did not like the people that I was buying it from. So I guess they don't need/ want my money.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There is only one business that I will NEVER go back to. Make a long story short, they told me $30 for a service, I arrived there 10 minutes later, and they said $100 because they did not like the people that I was buying it from. So I guess they don't need/ want my money.

Bud's transfer? I haven't experienced it yet but I've heard some shops are jacking up their transfer rates if its coming from Bud's.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The last guy I put on my "no deal" list posted about how proud he was for buying an expensive gun from a widow for a cheap price because she didn't know the value.
    I have no use for those who take advantage of widows and orphans.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The last guy I put on my "no deal" list posted about how proud he was for buying an expensive gun from a widow for a cheap price because she didn't know the value.
    I have no use for those who take advantage of widows and orphans.

Yep, these are the types I was talking about. We all know how rotten some of the major businesses are (eBay, Sara Lee, Levi's, BW3, etc.). I make it a point to avoid the big ones on principle. The small dealers and individuals usually have to give me a reason to end up on the list. Something along the lines of bad attitude or business practice, not just a corporate philosophy or policy. The corporate crap usually comes from either lawyers or feel good PC. That I can respect a little more than some dirt bag openly screwing people over for no other reason than $$ or just to be an a$$.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Bud's transfer? I haven't experienced it yet but I've heard some shops are jacking up their transfer rates if its coming from Bud's.

Yes sir, thats it. I had talked to them in person and on the phone and they said $30. When I showed up and said who it was they said that its $100. I explained to them that they never specified that its more for them. They proceeded to tell me that they dont like them and its $100. I told them that I will drive an hour out of the way before I would ever step foot in there again. I had been a repeat customer several times. I guess they dont want my, or my family's money. Word of mouth can do a small business big damage in a smaller city .

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

I've heard several places and times that they are 'difficult'. Nobody ever really goes into why they're so hard to work with though. Are they just rude? Want too much non essential information?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've heard several places and times that they are 'difficult'. Nobody ever really goes into why they're so hard to work with though. Are they just rude? Want too much non essential information?
    Do you mean Buds, or the FFl? Because my last purchase from Buds will be my LAST purchase from Buds. They gave me a time frame, in days, of when my purchase would be shipped, and then didn't ship the order within the time frame, and ignored 2 emails inquiring about why my order had been sitting in their shipping department for 5 days. I wasn't pissed the first email, I just wanted to know if there was a problem.....I was really pissed for the second, after being ignored. I finally got my gun, but will not do business with them ever again. That was my third purchase from them, a lot of money, to me, but never again.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy

It's funny you say that because when I asked them why, thats what they said. They are "difficult and we don't like them". I asked why again and they replied "we don't like the way they do business." Thats all I got out of them.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Do you mean Buds, or the FFl? Because my last purchase from Buds will be my LAST purchase from Buds. They gave me a time frame, in days, of when my purchase would be shipped, and then didn't ship the order within the time frame, and ignored 2 emails inquiring about why my order had been sitting in their shipping department for 5 days. I wasn't pissed the first email, I just wanted to know if there was a problem.....I was really pissed for the second, after being ignored. I finally got my gun, but will not do business with them ever again. That was my third purchase from them, a lot of money, to me, but never again.

I had no problem with Buds. I had a problem with the shop wanting to have the gun shipped to them from Buds

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom