Anyone else hate the annual Christmas letter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    :+1: I think the general idea was cute (in a weird way) but they went way over the top. That video was sickeningly cheesy

I believe I read the guy used to be on TV, and this was in the Youtube comments

Seem too good to be just a Christmas card? Well, you're partially right, it's also an ad for the family's video production company, Greenroom Communications.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    So how long do y'all keep your Christmas cards? Personally I like to check for cash, check the message and in the trash they go, my wife says we must keep them? So are they going to bloom or something???

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    So how long do y'all keep your Christmas cards? Personally I like to check for cash, check the message and in the trash they go, my wife says we must keep them? So are they going to bloom or something???
    Where is my Christmas card you lil ****er?:D

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    WebSnyper, in reply to your comment:

"Right there with you, except that chatting up the neighbors part. You lost me with that."

Talking face to face, you know, like old fashion communication. Very few people take the time to have a meaningful conversation with their neighbors-- like Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer do.
    I used to have a neighbor who I never saw except when he would come over to borrow a shovel, rake, etc. and a couple of days later I would go retrieve them out of his yard where he left them. But come Christmas, my wife and I would get one of those damn Christmas letters from them with the usual tripe like "THE wife has a new job greasing the poles at the Gentlemen's Club, Johnnie got has death penalty reduced to life w/o parole so now his wife is financially set for life. She had another immaculate birth last month (her third since Johnny's unfortunate incarceration 3 years ago). Our 16 y.o. Susie got knocked up by an illegal Mexican, so we now can take that vacation to Mexico we always wanted, blah, blah."

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    . But come Christmas, my wife and I would get one of those damn Christmas letters from them with the usual tripe like "THE wife has a new job greasing the poles at the Gentlemen's Club, Johnnie got has death penalty reduced to life w/o parole so now his wife is financially set for life. She had another immaculate birth last month (her third since Johnny's unfortunate incarceration 3 years ago). Our 16 y.o. Susie got knocked up by an illegal Mexican, so we now can take that vacation to Mexico we always wanted, blah, blah."
    Best Christmas letter, EVER!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

"Right there with you, except that chatting up the neighbors part. You lost me with that."

Talking face to face, you know, like old fashion communication. Very few people take the time to have a meaningful conversation with their neighbors-- like Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer do.
    I used to have a neighbor who I never saw except when he would come over to borrow a shovel, rake, etc. and a couple of days later I would go retrieve them out of his yard where he left them. But come Christmas, my wife and I would get one of those damn Christmas letters from them with the usual tripe like "THE wife has a new job greasing the poles at the Gentlemen's Club, Johnnie got has death penalty reduced to life w/o parole so now his wife is financially set for life. She had another immaculate birth last month (her third since Johnny's unfortunate incarceration 3 years ago). Our 16 y.o. Susie got knocked up by an illegal Mexican, so we now can take that vacation to Mexico we always wanted, blah, blah."

No worries, I just try to get into full hermit mode. I generally don't like people, and since I took on a job a few years ago where I have to talk to people (alot), I don't do it much when I don't have to, and that includes neighbors.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

9/10

Top Bottom