Anybody have anything good to say about Hi-point pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I'd personally never own one - I was told by a sales rep at Bradis, that you can't take them apart, you have to send them back to the mother ship for any type of repair.

You were misinformed. While they aren't as easy to disassemble as most weapons to clean they can be field stripped and cleaned/lubed/serviced. Although if you like, the H/P mothership will clean, lube and and safety check any H/P product at any time for free and will probably give you a free magazine all for the cost of sending the gun to them. Besides.... why would you want to do your own "repair" to a firearm that has a lifetime factory warranty???
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GsyXIWtfBM"]YouTube - Hi-point C9 9mm take down / dissasembly[/ame]

Please feel free to click on the links in my sig. to learn more facts about these firearms. :ingo: :patriot:

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I know this is an old thread but I was trying to find info about some of my guns and thought I would add something here. I don't think anyone would say that Hi-points can compete with many high end guns. However, many also agree that they are a solid reliable piece for a very reasonable price. I found the trigger on mine to have a slight "gritty" feel to it. Since it wasn't expensive, I decided to use it to gain a little experience in general firearm service. I disassemble it and polished all the trigger components. It really made a big difference in accuracy. I also decided to try my hand at some home made grips. This probably wasn't the best gun for the first attempt at this because the grips have multiple depressions inside and out that are crucial to operation. I still managed to come up with some that actually look and work pretty well (at least for my first try). I have pretty long hands so I incorporated finger contours in my design. They're just oak but they seem to do the job.
    DSC00268.jpg
    DSC00266.jpg

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    why do ppl insist on buying cheap *** guns. put some money with it and buy a CZ82 or ruger p series. geez.....

Well, I bought mine because I wasn't looking for something to defend my home or win competitions with; I was looking for something to have fun with at the range and maybe lend to a friend if they wanted to go shooting but didn't have their own gun. A lot of people who own them think they're reliable and accurate, and if there's every any problem with them you can get them fixed for free*. Basically, this cheap *ahem* gun was the best deal I found that fit the need I had in mind.

*I did end up having to send mine back to the factory for repair and got it back in less than a week, with a free magazine in the box with it. It has worked flawlessly since then, but I plan on putting a few more rounds through it to make sure.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    When you need it most and it goes "click" instead of "bang" do you think the bad guy will wait on that "great customer service"? If you think that your butt is only worth $139.99 buy it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No. I'd rather carry a sharp stick. I have more faith in its relability.

Bad, bad idea.

First in that battle there's 99% chance you are ventalated, multiple times. Second I'll take a jammed HP over a sharp stick. Have you seen the slide????!!!:D

Also I've had great luck with HiPoints. Had a C9 with over 1,000 rounds and no issues. And had a different C9 go for about 500 rounds with no issues. The guy I sold it to had some issues after a few hundred rounds and it was fixed for him with no issues. great inexpensive range guns and a solid butt fugly defense piece in a pinch. These are not like a Jennings or other "ring of fire" guns by a long shot.

PS I love my 995!

jespol227

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My fiance has a highpoint 9mm which he got used for very little dough- he had some issues with it- sent it to Highpoint- they returned it to him in less than 2 weeks and he hasn't had any issues with it since. They even threw in a free extra magazine. He seemed happy with their service. He's only shot about 100 rounds through it since getting it back but before it was having issues every 10 rounds or less.

I have shot his Highpoint a few times. I much prefer my Springfield 9mm XD subcompact- it is a bit lighter and smaller but has less recoil. I like how it feels and shoots better overall. But, hey I'm spoiled! For the money, I would feel fairly comfortable buying a Highpoint, knowing their good reputation (and my fiance's good experience) with there servicing and resolving issues.

Sorry for the redundancy if Jason (the fiance) has already posted this information!

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Now I don't personally own one, but a couple of my friends own them, I have shot them on multiple occasions and they shot and functioned flawlessly. They don't hold more than around ten rounds i think, but the dealer my friend got his from told us that you could always throw it at your assailant if you ran out of ammo and it would get the job done just the same. :laugh:

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    I have one

I came into a Hi-Point a few years ago really, really cheap. I bought it to carry while working with the local search and rescue team so as if I lost it in the woods...oh well. It seems to perform ok. My main beef with it is I am unable to push the pin out to field strip the gun to clean it. I definatley do not rely on it as my primary carry weapon.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I got my SOG catalog yesterday and they have Hi-Points on sale in there and the prices are so cheap they scare me. I thought of buying a couple of their 380ACP's for stock as that seems to be a popular gun today with the LCP but if they have a bad reputation I better leave them sit. I know they are ugly but so are Glocks. :D

So the .380acp isn't what made the LCP popular. The size of the LCP makes it popular in spite of the .380acp.

The Hi-Point has none of the qualities of the Ruger, or the Kel-Tec it cloned except caliber. :)

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN

Hrmmm....

At least they don't use any of the good materials we need for our real guns :D

I actually have a Stallard (before they were called Hi-points) I inherited when my uncle died and after a little work and some new grips I made, It shoots very acurately. It just feels, looks, and weighs like a gun made by a caveman with gunsmith training ;)
    FuglyGun.gif

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY

Hrmmm....

At least they don't use any of the good materials we need for our real guns :D

I actually have a Stallard (before they were called Hi-points) I inherited when my uncle died and after a little work and some new grips I made, It shoots very acurately. It just feels, looks, and weighs like a gun made by a caveman with gunsmith training ;)

Caveman with gunsmith training, that's funny!
    I have one of the 995 carbines and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. Wish it had more capacity and had a better stock on it, but then it wouldn't be a hi-point. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    a friend of mine bought a hi-point for his father-in-law. I had never heard of it. He said he paid like $140 for it. We took it out and shot it, and it performed as expected, but the damn thing was HUGE.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom