Anybody have anything good to say about Hi-point pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I see some really good prices on Hi-Point handguns; everything from 380ACP, 9MM, 40S&W up to 45ACP. I know some people like their Carbine but don't read much on the rest of their line. I know they are "low end" firearms but what else about them? :dunno:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Heavy, blocky, pretty low-cap for the size.

I hear they have GREAT warranty service, cheap, and some people say they have some that just keep on going and going.

Oh, and

IMGA02651.jpg

All gun manufacturers can make a lemon, it's really what you want the Hi-point to do that'll make it right for you or not.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    995 and C-9 owner here. Mine run very well. Not the prettiest girls at the dance, but they won't leave you for the quarterback with a broken heart ruining your life forever...Wait... sorry.

Kidding aside, I like mine.

Glock17 Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    N. Manchester
    I got the C-9 for my mom it has a grate warranty and the BIG slide makes it hard for yor hand to slide off LOL. I like the grops I got with it but it is to Heavy for the size.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I had a C-9 that I put over 800 rounds through including Federal +P+.

Sold to a member here. No complaints.

Also I have another one now as well. Only 300 rounds through it but flawless rounds.

They are not the best or the best looking but they function fine. I'll have my current one for use by several forum memebers tomorrow. Maybe they can report back if they are brave enoght to try it.

Now I do have mine for sale but it's because I want a smaller cc 9mm as I own the C-9 and a P95. Neither are really small...

Additionally I shot a .380 last weekend. Not bad.

Now what I'd really like ot hear is first hand stories of them not working or whatever....

OK now I'll sit back and watch the shcist storm and many picutres of blown up high end pistols posted by certain forum members....:D

:popcorn:

EDIT: OK What are grops and should I have wanted them with my gun????

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Not for me

All gun manufacturers can make a lemon, it's really what you want the Hi-point to do that'll make it right for you or not.

I got my SOG catalog yesterday and they have Hi-Points on sale in there and the prices are so cheap they scare me. I thought of buying a couple of their 380ACP's for stock as that seems to be a popular gun today with the LCP but if they have a bad reputation I better leave them sit. I know they are ugly but so are Glocks. :D

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    From what I have gathered from people I know that have owned and/or fired one, they are ok guns. I think the price point is what makes them interesting. I think if you can afford more $$, there are many better choices. But if your budget only allows for a Hi Point, then I guess that is what you should go with.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    I have owned both a .45 and a 9mm. No complaints here. Shot prob 500rounds throught the .45 and 200 through the 9mm. Kinda thick, but i just used mine as bedside protection.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I don't have one but probably will when they start selling the .45 carbine. They are made in Dayton, Ohio and I know three people who use the .45 pistol as 'truck guns'. (i.e. they don't care if the guns get knocked around because they are so cheap) They are blow-back design and clunky but have a good warranty. One guy I know compared his to his Honda Element...ugly but functional.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have a C9 and a 995, no issues with either. Its not an XD but it served its purpose when its all I could afford. I still have them both. Shoot my 995 a lot, the C9 less but I have more fun guns to shoot but when I bring her out she works.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've shot one of the carbines... it was fun.

I hear the pistols can be used effectively as a heavy melee weapon :D

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hey everybody. Sorry to have been away so long, but I'm getting ready to move to AZ., so I've been pretty busy. One of the members wanted me to throw my two cents in here for old time sake. ;)

When asking anybody about any firearm always ask this question after getting their opinion; "I see.... so how many have you owned or extensively shot?". If the answer is anything less than a number, you know you're dealing with an opinion based on vapor. This is true regardless if the person's feedback is negative or positive.

To the O.P. ...... H/P's fit a place in the firearm market when a firearm needs to be at a very low price-point. In my experience with many H/P,s, I find them to be ugly, clunky, heavy, and reliable and accurate. Your friend will be hard pressed to find another company with better warranties and friendlier people to deal with.

As for the "kaboom" picture of the H/P...... yep...... that's the ONE!!!! I bet Glock wished there was only ONE kaboom picture of their products on the 'net!!! :D

Well..... there it is. Hope it helps.

Roger (CS1) :patriot: :ingo:

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I almost said something good about a Hi-Point once, but I ended up throwing up in my mouth. :rolleyes:

Crystalship1... I do agree that you should only comment on firearms with which you have experience, but I have NEVER been able to get past the looks of any Hi-Point. That may seem shallow, but if looks didn't count, we would all be shooting Glocks. :):

P.S. We are all sorry to see you leave. Indiana is losing another good Hoosier, and I'm sure that we all would like to wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom