• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    I moved to Broad Ripple a little over a year ago and I haven't found a pond or lake over here that doesn't have a "No Fishing" sign posted next to it. I really need to find a decent place to fish from the bank over here soon.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I moved to Broad Ripple a little over a year ago and I haven't found a pond or lake over here that doesn't have a "No Fishing" sign posted next to it. I really need to find a decent place to fish from the bank over here soon.
    are u tied that tight to the area, driving maybe 20 minutes south opens some options?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

White river where it goes under keystone has some good small mouth bass fishing. There are several houses that go along the road to the east on the south side of the river where you can gain access.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    are u tied that tight to the area, driving maybe 20 minutes south opens some options?
    No I grew up on the west side and I often go to Eagle Creek and a pay pit on the southwest side. I would just like to find a spot closer to home that I could go fishing at.

Indymonkey- I have tried White River at Broad Ripple park but I feel weird fishing from the bank on the dock.

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Went to Monroe on friday afternoon. Caught 2 decent wipers around 3 lbs. 1 big largemouth about 4lbs. A few crappie and bluegill. At around 9 pm we caught 6 nice walleye. One was around 26-27" and 4lb or so. I ate him last night. MMMMM GOOD!

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I'v been out twice, haven't got anything. I had one decent large mouth on, but first fish of the year he hit lazy and I set it like crap. got him 10 or 15ft out and he jumped off.
    I live way up north about 10 Min. from state line so the water is still pretty chille.
    -Any one got any good bait advice for bass in the early season up north?

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    wait until the water temps hit 50 degrees then use a chartruese (bright green) streamer. works on smallies and largemouth all over Indiana.

Good luck and post your successes!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Fishing, yes!

Going again today after a few "Pool" jobs,

Where? ...well thats a secret:cool:

For me they "Bass" have been biting on

Strike King White and Bright green Spinnerbaits One silver one copper blade

Silver Rattle Traps

White Chatter Baits

Believe it or not I have been using top water baits, skipping across the top near the bank like its August! They have been slamming my top water baits:laugh: I love it, top water fishing in the pre-spawn!

Good luck all! Keep em posted!!!

Last edited:

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    I went out yesterday to a private pond and I got two bluegill under 6 inches. I had fun either way becasue I took my young nephew and he loved running around bringing me the bait and seeing the fish. I think I might try to get out today.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    went again today

All the spots where I been fishing in the past few days, it seems like the bass are still near the banks under foilage,moss. perhaps getting ready for the pre-spawn. ALL my keepers and shorties this month have been within 10ft from the bank.

Also Added red rattle traps and jerkbaits to the early spring arsenal.
    Along with white and green spinner baits, chatter baits, jigs, chrome rattle traps.

The top water fishing has been fun, them boys are slammin lol...

:twocents:INDYK

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Bass are tearing up plastic worms (ZOOM) right now in the shallows, caught 6 this past Tuesday in 20 minutes before dark and 3 tonight in 15 minutes before dark, they were all 1 to 2 pounders but fun to catch, I am fishing an old farm pond (a big pond) good luck!

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Took my younger daughter fishing this evening. Caught about 30 bluegill and about 5 small bass. She got bored though and decided to chase a goose around the pond.I kept waiting for it to turn around and come after her.

Top Bottom