• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    when i was about 5-6 i was sitting in a deer stand with my father and we heard a few shots that were very close and slugs hit the bottom of the bottom of the tree we were in. my dad started yelling at them but we wern't about to climb down and see who it was

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Thankfully not while deer hunting, although I haven't been back to any put and take pheasant hunts at the state areas in many years on account of getting peppered with shot a few to many times. I wonder if those have improved any?

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    Those put and take pheasnt hunts are extremely dangerous!! I was peppered realy bad as a kid and will never go back to one of those.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i know exactly what you mean. i went on my first put and take pheasant hunt last year at atterbury. there were three of us. we fired six shots. we killed six birds. i can't count how many times we'd hear a rooster flush, hear two or three or four shots, see the bird go flying by us, and then get hosed with lead rain. including once on the road. there's a lot of lousy shots out there with shotguns.

pokey308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    New Palestine, IN
    When I was about 5-6 I was walking a trail at Raccoon w/ Granddad and a pellet wized acrossed the top of my head. Got a scar from it too when I shave my head. It is not a huge scar but a scar none the less.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    anybody ever been deer hunting and had someone shoot at you? not at a deer and the shot is close to you but mistaken you for the deer? came out of the woods at dusk one night 2 shots, could hear the slugs whistle by. jumped down in the ditch ran around behind him and asked what the he__ are you doing? reply was wanted to come down and ask for permission to hunt and saw a deer. told him the deer was me and to get the he__ out of here. alot of slobs out there

yup...several years ago I was hunting on my family's property..was opening day of deer season and I was walking back to the house to get some lunch when I heard 2 quick shots that sounded really close,then I actually heard the slug whistle by me and hit the ground in front of me then it felt like someone smacked my leg with a hammer. took me a bit to realize what had happened. I hollered and seen a person on the ridge above me take off running. I dont know if they thought I was a deer or what but they never came back after I hollered for help and no one ever found out who did it..tho we had an idea...just couldnt prove it.
    the slug entered my leg just above the ankle and glanced off the bone..it did some damage and left a nasty wound but could have been a lot worse if the slug would have made a direct hit...or would have been higher. and I did have both and orange hat and vest on.

Drbrok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    I went to a pheasent hunt at Atterbury one year, ONE YEAR. Those guys were nuts, they were shooting birds on the ground. I had buckshot fallin on me several times. I never went back.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I went to a pheasent hunt at Atterbury one year, ONE YEAR. Those guys were nuts, they were shooting birds on the ground. I had buckshot fallin on me several times. I never went back.

Ditto! Other than that, only SCUD missiles, but the lunatics at Atterbury were definitely scarier!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Assuming you are ruling out the times you are getting shot around and over but not intentionally at, I only have one story.

Bet a buddy that he could not hit me with a BB gun. He aimed at my head and missed, well missed that head, he got the one that was covered in denim. Wish it had not been the powerful BB gun either. Yep, went down loudly!
    :xmad:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Thankfully not while deer hunting, although I haven't been back to any put and take pheasant hunts at the state areas in many years on account of getting peppered with shot a few to many times. I wonder if those have improved any?

Nope. The first year I was deer hunting I got peppered with shot a couple of times, before I decided the hunt for deer was over.

Dove hunting isn't much better. Last week when I was setting up tree stands had a bunch of shots get me rained on with shot.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    huh?

MAN! OK... OK... When I was a teenager prolly 16-17 Me and some friend was going to Chicago to see Coal Chamber and Type-O-Negative Yeah we had been drinking and well partying like teens do the night B4. So me and my friend billy was laying in the Trunk as the back seats folded down. My friends driving got lost and went through a bad neighborhood in Gary Indiana Jamming Coal Chamber (Rayna was so hott) And we got shot at.... We woke up to them speeding and yelling "stay down" "stay down".... When we finally made it to safety they told us what happened and to our surprise there was a single hole going through the trunk right between me and Billy. We felt truly lucky that day. In the end we made it to the concert and got trashed beyond memory and woke up in our hotel room safe and sound. Thats something you just dont forget. Not to mention Rayna did a hot cage dance that show.... GIGGITY! GIGGITY!

whadhesay? you talk way too fast for me, young man. getting trashed is overrated.:noway:

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    7-8 yrs ago I was deer hunting on public land in TN. Had an arrow wiz by me as a was walking to the spot I was going to set up in - still way before shooting hours. Don't know where the guy was. Took me a moment to realize what had just happened. I did screw up on that though, didn't have my light turned on - didn't need it to see as I was in a field; guy had to be back off the field edge somewhere in the trees. I hadn't hunted public land in ages before that weekend so I didn't think much about it.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    While deer hunting with my dad years and years ago, we were both hunting private property just north of Rossville, IN. I swear there was a malitia on the other side of the property. Around 9am they started shooting (most likely target practicing, I would guess). We decided to hunt a new section of the woods that day, which turned out to be a BAD idea! Right around 9am I could hear what sounded like whistles flying by my head. It took me about 5 seconds to put two and two together and to litteraly jump out of the tree stand onto the ground. I was in a self climber at the time and after the shooting stopped had to climb back up into the tree to retrieve the stand and saw rounds in trees next to the one I was in. We drove around trying to find who it was that was shooting but couldn't pin-point the colporate.

Top Bottom