• ...and so much more!
  • duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    your gona have to finish that story!

I was out golfing with my brother and another friend,about 12 years ago, they were both on the high school team, so I was really just driving around and randomly playing when I could find my ball.

I was in a cart by myself driving to the next hole, and my brother and buddy were already at the tee. All of a sudden BOOM:ar15:, FROM RIGHT BEHIND ME! I could hear and feel the wind from the shot going over my head. I stopped the cart and turned around to see some kid laughing from his golf cart, HE WAS SHOOTING WHILE DRIVING.

I got out of my cart and ran him down, not even really thinking about the guns he had. He was yelling that he saw a deer on the edge of a tree line. I lost it and pulled him out of the cart and strangled him...by this time my friends had heard the shot and came over to see me with some punk pinned to the ground and guns in the other guys golf cart. They pulled me from the guy and told him to get lost. It turns out his family owned the course and he thought it would be funny to take a shot from his moving cart over me and my cart. :xmad:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I got pelted with shot once when hunting pheasant near Attica. No penetration, but I didn't much care for the idea of it. It came from hunters walking in the next field having little awareness of what lay beyond their barrels and intended target.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Fellow INGOers shot at…

Myself, along with fellow INGOer Jsharmon7 were duck sitting (not to be confused with duck hunting, which is where you actually “shoot” at ducks, instead of sitting next to a body of water for 13 hours not seeing a darn thing) at Providence Point near Mt. Summit, IN yesterday. While duck sitting in a blind cattycorner from a small wooded area we began to hear what sounded like a .22LR being fired randomly. After nearly 15 shots or so we then started hearing the whistling noise a round makes as it flies a few feet from your head. We were clearly being shot at!

Joe (Jsharmon7) immediately got up, with his shotgun, to speak to the shooters as I crouched down in my chair knowing it provided absolutely no protection once so ever. As Joe got to the top of the small embankment that sat in-between our blind and parking area he saw 2 men, approximately 28 years of age, exiting the woods, crossing a paved road toward a small group of trees. One of the men, while crossing the road, scoped out a couple trees firing off a few more rounds. Directly on the other side of those trees were other “sitters” like myself.

Joe made it clear we were “sitting” a few yards away and that there were other “sitters” also in the area so it’s not a smart idea to be randomly shooting. The two claimed there were chasing a gray squirrel… RIGHT!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Myself, along with fellow INGOer Jsharmon7 were duck sitting (not to be confused with duck hunting, which is where you actually “shoot” at ducks, instead of sitting next to a body of water for 13 hours not seeing a darn thing) at Providence Point near Mt. Summit, IN yesterday. While duck sitting in a blind cattycorner from a small wooded area we began to hear what sounded like a .22LR being fired randomly. After nearly 15 shots or so we then started hearing the whistling noise a round makes as it flies a few feet from your head. We were clearly being shot at!

Joe (Jsharmon7) immediately got up, with his shotgun, to speak to the shooters as I crouched down in my chair knowing it provided absolutely no protection once so ever. As Joe got to the top of the small embankment that sat in-between our blind and parking area he saw 2 men, approximately 28 years of age, exiting the woods, crossing a paved road toward a small group of trees. One of the men, while crossing the road, scoped out a couple trees firing off a few more rounds. Directly on the other side of those trees were other “sitters” like myself.

Joe made it clear we were “sitting” a few yards away and that there were other “sitters” also in the area so it’s not a smart idea to be randomly shooting. The two claimed there were chasing a gray squirrel… RIGHT!

^^^^^^

A bullet wizzing by certainly makes an interesting sound. I'd always envisioned some sort of whistling sound but I heard it more as a buzz/swish hybrid. :noway: And yes, they were randomly shooting, not "hunting."

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    A bullet wizzing by certainly makes an interesting sound
    So does an F-4 Phantom when it goes over your head at about 500 feet.

I've been "shot at" by an F-4.

We used to deer hunt Brown Co. east of the park back in the 70's and 80's when the airgunnery range on Atterbury was really active and they would come in from the south at treetop--didn't hear them coming until they were overhead and gone. Scared the bejesus out of you. one could read the "don't step here" on the bottom of the fuselage.

Think I even soiled my pants once:D

Steve

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I know this wasnt deer hunting but went rabbit hunting one day with my dad and brother in law and his two boys (12 and 14 or so). in a place and had permission. Dogs drove the rabbit out of there to an old hog lot next to a house. next thing we knew heard a shot and shot was hitting the leaves still hanging on the trees around us. went and confronted the guy turned out he was drunk says he didnt know we were there. just trying to scare the dogs away(scare rabbit dogs with a shot?).
    It wasnt a deer slug but it got our hearts racing anyway

Top Bottom