Anybody else tire of seeing a good thread get ruined by the OC/CC debate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Well?

• Total voters

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I know I am.. There are a couple of different threads that I have been following on here and they quickly turn to :poop: when someone comes in saying "Why don't you conceal carry instead?" "Quit trying to scare my mother and sister by open carrying" etc.. It really kills the original topic of the thread when it turns into a 3 or 4 page OC vs. CC debate.

I'm really not trying to attack anybody in this, but honestly I get tired of reading the same old debate every day in every thread. :rolleyes:

Granted, I know its usually the newer members of the site who haven't learned the overall flow yet.. but jeeze. Almost every single topic involving OC and confrontations ends up in a debate.

Poll added just for giggles, and now I'm going to bed.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I know I am.. There are a couple of different threads that I have been following on here and they quickly turn to :poop: when someone comes in saying "Why don't you conceal carry instead?" "Quit trying to scare my mother and sister by open carrying" etc.. It really kills the original topic of the thread when it turns into a 3 or 4 page OC vs. CC debate.
    I stopped frequenting another gun board because of this (and well they had a rule against it, but it didn't apply to the moderator that liked to lead the "you should just CC" train); unfortunately since middle school it's seemed that it is simply human nature to say any differences, what I do is right and what you do in turn must be wrong, and it takes a long time if ever for people to reach the maturity point where you can accept what other people do differently as, ok.

jrmann_86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    indianapolis
    I carry both ways I just depends on what I'm wearing that day, witch gun I'm carrying, and were I'm going, and who I'm with. But yes I agree with the op people have there reasons for how they carry and it does get annoying swing a good thread turn to crap because someone else want to try and force there opinion on someone else. Just my :twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How come no "I am anti CC"? (btw..I voted for pro carry period because it does'nt matter to me if anyone chooses CC only)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm betting this poll thread turns into an OC/CC debate too. :popcorn:

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010

I'm really not trying to attack anybody in this, but honestly I get tired of reading the same old debate every day in every thread. :rolleyes:

Granted, I know its usually the newer members of the site who haven't learned the overall flow yet.. but jeeze. Almost every single topic involving OC and confrontations ends up in a debate.

Poll added just for giggles, and now I'm going to bed.

Ever tired of people mispelling the OP? Jk jk. Yes I am with you

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have noticed that as well. I always like to point out to people that debate against it, well, its your legal right to do so. And if you don't stand for your rights collectively, there are plenty of people willing to chip away at your rights. One chip at a time, just like they did in England. We need to stand together

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Actually, this poll is broken. I am actually anti-CC and pro-OC.

I also have had a thread derailed by a CC Troll. Actually had to post a summary and report my post to get the thread locked.

CC trolls are dangerous, you know...because they have something to hide :p

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    people get too pushy in "their" ways and beliefs that it overruns their mouths. people need to think that other people have brains a make decisions as well. this isnt a kindergarden class where you are told how to do it. we have choices and make them as we ALL see fit. it will most generally never be the same way all around.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Is it just me or does it ALWAYS SEEM that it is the CC people telling the OC people that they are wrong (I know after it started it goes both ways but I mean the initial comment).........don't really remember someone jumping into a post and saying "Well you should have been OCing!"

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I just can't stand it when other people want to make a decision for me as I am quite capable of making them myself. I try to never tell someone else how to live but only give them knowledge to make their own decisions. :twocents:

Top Bottom