• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    You're on the right track. My Becker usually ride behind my neck, the handle is below the collar about 2 inches, and is part of my shoulder rig for the G23. My brothers have carried throwing knives this way for years, and I find it to be the most comfortable.

I also have a Mernickle shoulder rig and the becker is pancaked with the G23, loading out the front just past the top corner of a dress shirt pocket at the same angle of the photo you show here.

When I wear it around my neck to the front, I have a very small alligator clip to stop the constant motion and swing, and it is covered with a small slip of fine goatskin, not the monster chuck of plastic that shipped with the knife.

I have web, leather, and a team of sewing machines at work. If you'd like to try an idea, send me a PM, I'd be glad to help.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    You're on the right track. My Becker usually ride behind my neck, the handle is below the collar about 2 inches, and is part of my shoulder rig for the G23. My brothers have carried throwing knives this way for years, and I find it to be the most comfortable.

I also have a Mernickle shoulder rig and the becker is pancaked with the G23, loading out the front just past the top corner of a dress shirt pocket at the same angle of the photo you show here.

When I wear it around my neck to the front, I have a very small alligator clip to stop the constant motion and swing, and it is covered with a small slip of fine goatskin, not the monster chuck of plastic that shipped with the knife.

I have web, leather, and a team of sewing machines at work. If you'd like to try an idea, send me a PM, I'd be glad to help.

I'm having trouble picturing this, got any pics?

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Hmm...... still kinda bulky IMO.

knifechest1.jpg

Who makes this? I think it'd be a great rig for canoeing or fishing. Looks like it would fit over a life vest. And could work if worn over an undershirt and under a button up or sweater. Might be good for backpacking too, so your knife is easily to get to and not pinned by your pack on waist band while on your belt.

How about this? Nothing you can't carry here!

SpecGear TRUSS Holster Tactical Belly Band Undercover Weapon System Pictures and Features for Law Enforcement

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I tried to carry my Becker Necker once, but the provided sheath was, IMO, too big. The whole thing kept moving back and forth and wouldn't be still. If you lean over to pick something up off the ground, the whole thing wants to slide right out of your shirt.

You could solve that problem with a little clip (like those used to hold ID badges onto shirt pockets) attached to the sheath. Clip it to your t-shirt under your overshirt and it will stay where you want it. If it gets caught on something, it will let go, so you won't get hurt.

cholmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Mar 15, 2010
    Greendale, IN
    I am a big fan of knives for self defense purposes, but I cannot figure out when and how a neck-knife is going to get used in this role. Unless you get it out before the physical fight starts it’s probably not going to end up in your hands. Because the knife is suspended like a pendulum by neck cord, it is always going to be in a different place. As soon as you start moving the knife is going to begin to swing. If you are taken to the ground there is a good chance that the knife is going to end up in your armpit.
    Most neck knives are suspended from a break-away chain (to prevent you from getting choked with the cord) but if grabbed you stand a fair chance of loosing the knife because of the breakaway chain.
    If the neck knife is worn concealed (under a shirt) I don’t think there is much chance of getting to it once the fight starts. If the assailant gets any sort of “mount” (what was once called the “Schoolboy pin”) It’s going to be a challenge to get that knife working. If the knife isn’t concealed it is pretty inviting for the assailant to grab, especially since it is pre-positioned over your vitals.

cholmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Mar 15, 2010
    Greendale, IN
    It may seem as though Im shedding a neg. light on the kneck knife but i have been fascinated with them and they seem like a great last ditch defense system.....anything is better than nothing i guess!

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I always have either my CRKT Krein Dogfish
    2370.jpg

or my S&W clip point neck knife
    SW-990.jpg
    with me at all times. If I'm wearing a button-up shirt I can reach right in the front and grasp it, if it is a pull-over shirt (henley, t-shirt or polo) It isn't tucked in so I can just reach right up the front.:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom