Any reason to not buy a Springfield Loaded 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Combat Loaded model .... I've had this one for many years and no plans of releasing it out in the wild any time soon.

77561d49.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I was feeling a little anxious today and looked up the pistol on Budsgunshop only to find that it's no longer there. Does anyone know if Springfield quit producing the parkerized loaded 1911?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For years, I've kicked around the idea of a Springfield Loaded. Years before I even started this thread I'd been thinking about it. Last night, I found the right deal. Now I'm just waiting for an FFL transfer to go through and hopefully I'll have it in my hands this week.

Only concern, I'm not sure how much I'm going to like having to use an allen wrench every time I want/need to break this down.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Do you need to replace the spring?

You can get the other parts (plug, guide rod) at Midway for $15 + shipping. OR.... you can call Springfield and buy the setup that's in the Range Officer (don't know what they charge for that).

BTW, I love my Loaded Parkerized. I've shot that, along with my friend's aluminum framed Kimber, and I like the extra weight of the all-steel frame MUCH more. My Kimber-owning friend also agrees that my Springer is nicer to shoot than his Kimber.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Springfield's have always been forged in Brazil as far as I know then assembled in Illinois. I don't know about the Taurus part but if so I wouldn't care. Taurus makes good guns and stands by them. I still want to eventually get a pt1911

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    "Blasphemy"...............................:)

Figured I'd hear from you! I know, I know. But being a minimalist, I am thinking of reducing one caliber and just have 4 for handguns. I may collapse though under the peer pressure of keeping it pure and staying with .45.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can appreciate the idea of having one common caliber for all pistols in an inventory, but at the same time a 1911 in anything other than a 45acp just feels dirty to me. I could justify a 1911 22lr because of the costs savings, but at the end of the day I wanted to get a quality 1911 that I could pass onto my kids some day and the springfield loaded has always had a long standing reputation for quality and reliability. I was tempted to get a springfield mil-spec, but I knew I'd add a wider grip safety, night nights, a full length guide rod (just for the looks), possibly an improved safety, and I'd have wished that I'd gotten the front slide serrations. For me, the loaded has everything I'd want right from the factory, and it's all been setup that way from the factory. The only thing I have to do for this pistol is buy mags and ammo, and that's been relatively easy to find.

Top Bottom