Any reason to not buy a Springfield Loaded 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I bought my first loaded at this past 1500 after selling my father my Mil-Spec. Holy crap....what was I waiting for? It's the perfect pistol for me. Tight, accurate, beautiful and has everything I want.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a Loaded Champion. Only about 600 rounds so far, but 0 hiccups and I must have a different guide rod set-up, cuz I can't see what would even come loose.

I love it. This winter I will soften some of the edges on the slide, swap out the ambi thumb safety for a Ed brown one and add FO front sight.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    NO, do not buy one!

I own one and so I know what Im talking about.

The number one reason to not buy one, money. They are great to shoot, accurate and addictive. First there is the money for a nice set of grips, that is only the beginning. Then comes the ammo cost, for crying out loud the ammo you will burn through. Next the cost of range time and dont forget to add the cost of targets onto that range cost. It never ends. Just when you think, hey this weekend I will just chill at the house. The next thing you know you have your range bag in hand with your SA 1911 safely tucked inside and off you go, more money. Its to hard a habit to break once you start. So don't start. :D

Next thing you know you will be shooting like this...

SA19115sept2012.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well after three pages I haven't found a reason to not buy one. Now, lets go to phase 2 of this question and see where the best deal is. Normally I like to support my local gun shop, but these pistols seem to be one of those few occations where there's a really wide gap between a local price and internet price so I oculd probably be swayed one way or the other. I'm only interested in the parkerized finished loaded so if anyone has an idea of a good deal on one please let me know.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    My dreaded "N" Loaded after a quick trip to SACS now shooting 2" groups. Picked this thing up and it was worn out... SA customer service worked their magic for free and now locks up tight as my old TRP. Had this up for sale for $750... but decided to pull off the classifieds.

dsc05868u.jpg

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I have more than one S.A. I've still got dad's old colt and it's the only 1911 that's not a springfield, one of my oldest one I bought and jumped into IPSC shooting that was the year 1999. I can't tell ya how many 1000's of rounds have gone down that pipe, only time it malfunctioned (outside of my doing) was at the 2004 nationals in Ill. when the extractor broke, good thing was Dawson was there to put in a new one.:rockwoot: if you can afford it buy to:cool:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Update - I ended up buying one on reserve from Budsgunshop.com. Normally I like to buy local, but you all know how things are right now. With Buds, I could reserve the gun and it's price so that's what I did. The order was placed last week and it's the first time I've reserved a gun from Buds so we'll see how long this takes.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Congrats. I got a Stainless Springfield for my birthday and love it.
    Shoots great, you will not be disappointed. My better half has been telling me she's selling her pistol and she wants one too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Update - I ended up buying one on reserve from Budsgunshop.com. Normally I like to buy local, but you all know how things are right now. With Buds, I could reserve the gun and it's price so that's what I did. The order was placed last week and it's the first time I've reserved a gun from Buds so we'll see how long this takes.

You can not go wrong with this purchase. I have a few SA's and love each one for what it does best...Shoots every time I pull the trigger and hits what I am aiming at.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well, I'm hoping that I didn't go wrong. As this panic buying was starting up I picked up a few spare springfield mags, and I'm glad that I did. I've got them loaded up and waiting for their new gun to arrive, and now those mags are out of stock just about everywhere.

I just hope the wait with Buds for the "reserve" isn't going to be too aweful long. I'd love to get the new 1911 in my hands before they start talking about the gun ban at the end of Jan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know where a SA National Match Trophy in stainless is sitting in the case waiting for a new home. If I did not already have one it would be with me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Still no word from Buds. I can't say that I'm really surprised though. It's going to be a while. :(

Top Bottom