• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    I believe they also used to use it to do the frying at fast food joints. Coconut oil is by definition a saturated fat, and saturated fats had to be outed for the benefit of our vegetable oil industry. New breakthrough studies (funded by big corporations with conflicting interests) rarely tend to change human history.

Exactly, banning all of the saturated fats because of an unsubstantiated study on coronary disease. Ridiculous, and people still buy that crap!

You are not alone. I honestly don't have as much coconut oil stocked up as I would like, but that is only one of many areas I feel unprepared in. I actually am considering storing at least a little white rice, just in case. It's as close to a safe grain as you can get, and it's not like you'd be able to consume it in harmful quantities in a survival situation anyways.

It's too bad more people don't get hooked on the paleo kool aid. It comes with so many benefits for any situation, but especially for a survival one. It should truly be promoted as a prepping tool.

I think he's drunk the paleo kool aid.

Actually SHE and her husband drank the Primal Kool-aide after starting at Exercise Inc. and reading Primal Blueprint, and it all made sense. I don't buy ALL of the "because it worked for the caveman" stuff. I believe that processed sugar is toxic and causes diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our bodies weren't meant to digest processed wheat, grains, or beans. And oils like canola, soybean, vegetable, and any other partially hydrogenated crap are what is causing most of the health problems in our society today.

But after loosing the 50 pounds that I carried for 10 years, and my husband lost 30 pounds, yeah I don't believe the conventional wisdom when it comes to nutrition. And why should I?:cool:

Why Grains Are Unhealthy | Mark's Daily Apple

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Meijer sells two different brands.

LouAna Coconut Oil and Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil

Not sure about the LouAna but the Spetrum is about $7.00 for a 14 oz jar. We use it in our popcorn maker.

Top Bottom