Any places still in buisness around columbus?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    What are you looking for?

Acme and Bite the Bullet is right down the Interstate in Seymour.

Or Ed's trading post in Nineveh is about all I can think of right now.

rivx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    So the peddler moved? The old threads said it was next to save a lot. Just looking for a place that has a decent selection of guns really like old milsurp guns. I went down and checked out acme awhile ago but it's a bit of a drive I actually live about 20 or so miles east of columbus.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    So the peddler moved? The old threads said it was next to save a lot. Just looking for a place that has a decent selection of guns really like old milsurp guns. I went down and checked out acme awhile ago but it's a bit of a drive I actually live about 20 or so miles east of columbus.

Have you tried Patterson's Guns, Wagner's Gun/Barber Shop, or Gun's and Tackle in Greensburg? I'm not sure of their selection as it's been awhile..

Then there's Batesville Gun and Pawn and Chaffee's in Batesville (if it's still around)

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

rivx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Have you tried Patterson's Guns, Wagner's Gun/Barber Shop, or Gun's and Tackle in Greensburg? I'm not sure of their selection as it's been awhile..

Then there's Batesville Gun and Pawn and Chaffee's in Batesville (if it's still around)

Hope this helps!
    thanks didn't know about the pawn in batesville. What street is that on? I'm really looking for some place with a decent used selection. the others you mentioned and well basicly every place around here i've checked the used prices seem a bit high to me. As far as new wagners will do transfers for 15 even from buds so that is a large selection right there.

Last edited:

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    thanks didn't know about the pawn in batesville. What street is that on? I'm really looking for some place with a decent used selection. the others you mentioned and well basicly every place around here i've checked the used prices seem a bit high to me. As far as new wagners will do transfers for 15 even from buds so that is a large selection right there.

Actually I looked it up and it was for Batesville, MS, I never remembered one there but I did some checking online and didnt bother to check the zip code. Sorry about that! The others are valid as I have driven by each of them haha

rivx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    +1 for Acme and Bite the Bullet in Seymour. Also, I think Phoenix Guns has moved to Hwy 46 East of town, just a few miles West of the 46/31 interchange.
    Yeah I went and checked out acme about a week ago. But I work graveyard and their hours kinda bite for that especially with about a 40 minute drive there. Nice shop otherwise.

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Phoenix Guns
    5025 E STATE ST Columbus, Indiana
    (812) 378-5727

Inventory is pretty small, but transfers are reasonable ($25?)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Yes the Peddler moved. They used to be in eastbrook plaza at 25th St. And US 31. They are now on Home Ave. Right beside Party Mart. Drove by yesterday

Top Bottom