Any other INGO dads doing the every other weekend thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I love this song. It's a little hard to swallow too. But I can't stop listening to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk84qx8x21U"]YouTube - Zac Brown Band - Highway 20 Ride (Official Video)[/ame]

It's almost time for my Highway 20 ride, too.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    That song hits home for me but different reasons. I am still happily married but living in Ohio for work. I dont get to see my kids but about every 3 weeks.

Sucks regardless the situation!!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Man, I love that album. One of the best purchases of 2009.
    I have custody of my daughter, so this doesn't apply to me, but I catch the meaning, and it's a good tune.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can think of one person that I REALLY wish this song meant something to him. However, I seriously doubt he gives a flying :poop:. How do I know? He said so in court and even signed off rights to at least 2 kids we know about. :xmad: Look up deadbeat in the dictionary and you'll see his face. :rolleyes:

Thank God I don't have to take this to heart. I hope I don't have to. I salute those with the strength to do this, though. I don't think I could handle it.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I guess Im lucky me and my daughters mother never did the every other weekend thing. I had/have her as much as her mother did. No shes 17 so she just comes up when ever she wants.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been down that road kinda. I had my 2 kids once a month due to work schedule, BUT I was always there for them WHENEVER they needed me, more than I can say for their mom after they moved in with me. Worked with the ex to raise them when we divorced. Don't believe in putting kids in the middle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Gosh darn it... {wipes tears from eyes}

My wife and I split for a year and that song hits on just about every emotion I had during that time. My son was a bit older than the one in the video, but it felt exactly the same. After a year of counseling, much soul searching, admission of past failures in the marriage on both our parts and a re-dedication to one another we were able to patch things up.

To you "single" fathers out there, my hats off to you for doing the right thing for your kiddo(s). Prayers for you all.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I don't know how single dads do it but this guy in the song I can't feel for when he chooses to live in a completely different state than his son. We all make choices: some good some bad but when you have to drive that far to see your child in his formative years IMO you have been making some bad choices.

Nope not a single dad but was the son of one so my perspective is from the other end of the song.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't know how single dads do it but this guy in the song I can't feel for when he chooses to live in a completely different state than his son. We all make choices: some good some bad but when you have to drive that far to see your child in his formative years IMO you have been making some bad choices.

Nope not a single dad but was the son of one so my perspective is from the other end of the song.

Maybe you shouldn't respond about something that you know nothing about! OFTEN times when there is a break up the father has his decisions made for him and all he can do is take it and see his child as much as he can.

:noway: for you!

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Maybe you should listen to what the song is about. The relationship between a father and son and the toll it takes in these situations. But yes, it is something I know about having it done it for a period of time and it is very difficult upon anyone. People don't make your decisions for you and if they do then thumbs down to you too.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Maybe you should listen to what the song is about. The relationship between a father and son and the toll it takes in these situations. But yes, it is something I know about having it done it for a period of time and it is very difficult upon anyone. People don't make your decisions for you and if they do then thumbs down to you too.

How about you read this whole thread again and keep your negative comments to yourself! This is a good thread started to share a great song that talks about what a lot of fathers go through. I'm sure that with your perfect life and always perfect decision making you will never understand what it's really like!

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway: to you again!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Easy guys. Two different perspectives, no need to be rude about it. Either you can see the value in the other's post, or you can't-- but that doesn't mean the post is useless. If you don't like it, move along past it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Easy guys. Two different perspectives, no need to be rude about it. Either you can see the value in the other's post, or you can't-- but that doesn't mean the post is useless. If you don't like it, move along past it.

I would rep you but I've used my three reps for the day.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That could have been me... my wife and I split for a while she was pregnant with our second. His birth reunited us and we are still here 15 years later.

Damn powerful song...

Top Bottom