Any other INGO dads doing the every other weekend thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    That is a great song, fortunately he is with me all but everyother weekend. His mother (I use the term loosely) has better things to do unfortunately for him.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I was on the other end as being a kid and seeing my father everyother weekend and it was rough. I will say that it has affected my relationship with others I care about as well because of not seeing my father all the time. I travel a lot for work and I have missed a lot of time with my family and it is rough the song is very good. It has made it also hard on my wife because she does not understand how I can be away from my family as much as I am and I always say I see my daughter more than I saw my father so it makes me be able to deal with it. I will agree that sometimes the deals are made for the other party as when the mother moves the child due to her new job or her new husbands job or just to be mean possibly. However when the child is pulled away the father can not just drop his job and go wherever the mother does all he can do is attempt to be there the best he can. I will say that all parties suffer and make sacrifices. I love the song I also love the early Brad Paisley song about the guy that marries his mother and helps care for him as a child. I think it is he didn't have to but he did.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I am one of the lucky ones. I worked out a wonderful custody arrangement with my ex-wife... Our agreement gave each of us joint custody where we each had the kids every other day. I would pick up the kids, after work, from my ex on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and return them the following morning before school... This meant that we both actually ahd the kids every day! The only way for this to work was for me to buy a home within a mile of my ex-wife, but it was a small price to pay to have so much time with the kids.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I don't know how single dads do it but this guy in the song I can't feel for when he chooses to live in a completely different state than his son. We all make choices: some good some bad but when you have to drive that far to see your child in his formative years IMO you have been making some bad choices.

Nope not a single dad but was the son of one so my perspective is from the other end of the song.
    Ash, as an alternative to the idea that the father has moved away to another state, my wife came close to moving to another state to take a better job than she had at the time during our separation. The video didn't make it clear to me if the father or the mother moved to another state, just that they were separated.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Zac Brown band has a lot of good songs!
    + 1,000,000 those guys are real, down-to-earth, true, red, white, and blue country boys that are putting out some darn good music, and not just the beat/tune, but the message in the song as well.

I really loved "Chicken Fried" which was their first real hit.

Although its not really the same thing, I've been doing something similar, but its North every other Friday on highway 37 and 69 :D
    My fiance and I have been living 3+ hours apart for a year now and it's tough. When I graduated my job took me 3 hours from home.

I'm just glad it wasn't further. I have a friend that moved to FL after graduation (job) and he flew home to propose to his now fiance, and they've been living that far apart since then. That has to be really rough.

Top Bottom