• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Couple of years ago I was helping a buddy (who is a contractor) roof an old pole barn. I mean OLD SCHOOL pole barn - almost sheer sides impossible to walk. We put walk boards and roof jacks across most of it and had a 3 tier scaffolding on the end to get to the rest. It's late spring - had been overcast most of the day. Without any warning a huge bolt of lightning came crashing down and hit the field literally 15 yards from our 30 foot tall lightning rod. Every hair on my body stood on end from the static field it emitted. You have NEVER seen a grown man shimmy down a scaffolding so fast in your life. We waited out the storm in the barn with the cows (who were smart enough to already be in there before the lightning crashed...)

(I think my butt puckered so hard I shot a little turd out my left nostril...)

NOT cool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was white-water rafting on the Lower Youghiogheny, and fell out at the top of Dimple Rock. I swam the rest of the rapid pretty much underwater, and was at the point of no strength left, ready to commend my soul to the deep, when I hit an eddy and managed to cough it out.

I didn't raft for about 15 years after that, until I finally took a white-knuckle trip down Six Mile Creek in Alaska, just to prove to myself that I could.

I've also been covered by guns in the hands of careless shooters several times, each more terrifying than the last.

Had the "Covered by guns thing" way too many times. Seriously pisses me off.

Long ago in another life my brother came running in the house and grabbed my double barrel 16 gauge and yelled "They" are stealing your wheels. He was referring to my 1967 Corvette parked in the alley behind the garage. It had a set of brand new, just bought US mag wheels on it. I grabbed my gun and followed him out. What happened then was a mini shoot out with the thieves that left a scar on my left arm and a few holes in the house and garage from them being seriously poor shoots. We did return fire and they escaped down the alley in a brown Olds with a lot of holes in it and no rear glass. I kept my tires but moved soon after this happened. No charges pressed but the neighbors were not happy. Luck all around.
    I was pissed about the hole in my jacket.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    October 1983

Back broken, Pelvis broken 6 places, Bladder ruptured 2 places, Right Lung half collapsed, received 9 units of blood from a gash in my right shoulder, & multiple cuts, bruises, & bumps. More dead than alive when I got to the hospital.

Yes, there is a God...

BTW, can anyone guess what kind of car it is? Have yet to have anyone get it right.

0012.jpg

0022.jpg

0032.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nothing too close...........idiot drivers, bullets out in the hunting fields.
    Coolest was this chick...........at a industrial/metal/fetish concert.
    She was strikingly beautiful.........and got everybody's attention.
    Single and well drunk, I went up to get her a drink and see if I could get to know her.
    Wicked aura cut through my alcohol numbed senses, gave me the chills and I got the drinks and went back to my safe haven.
    Saw some PR folks there, checked their web stuff...............all the pics they took, none of her.
    Suspect I'd be minus a liver and well decayed in an Illinois crawlspace if I hadn't picked up on that monster evil vibe and boogied.
    D*mn she was hot though.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Back in 2010 I was on a canoe trip in Canada. We headed up river to a point where a lake emptied into the river that we were on. It was a huge, fast moving waterfall. Our guide showed us how we could walk along a ledge and get behind the waterfall. When it was my turn, I started forward... and slipped. I fell into the waterfall, and the force of the water pushed me under. I tried to stand up against the rock ledge, but the water was too strong. It kept pushing me under.

Finally, I gave up trying to stand up, which was a good thing. The water pushed me further down, and then popped me off the ledge and down river. I managed to avoid most of the large rocks, only smacking my knee on one, and made it to the calm part of the river. I swam over to the side where the rest of the group was fishing.

megalomaniac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    I was about 12. My brother and I were riding our bikes into town for some ice cream. Well my mouth was wide open yakking to my brother and gulp a bee flies right into my mouth. It stings my tonsil. I cough the ****er out and feel my throat closing up. I ran home (1/4 mile) and my mother shoved a straw down my throat and drove me to the hospital where they shot me up with epinephrine and benedryl to save me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back broken, Pelvis broken 6 places, Bladder ruptured 2 places, Right Lung half collapsed, received 9 units of blood from a gash in my right shoulder, & multiple cuts, bruises, & bumps. More dead than alive when I got to the hospital.

Yes, there is a God...

BTW, can anyone guess what kind of car it is? Have yet to have anyone get it right.

0012.jpg

0022.jpg

0032.jpg

Is that a "G" body GM....Malibu, cutlass?????

Yes, there is a God.

Last edited:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    there a couple of time for me, but once on spring break in florida i was carried out by a rip tide...i was treading for so long and got so exhausted that i started "bouncing" off the bottom (basically i would go under, jump off the bottiom and take a breath everytime i came to the surface) the tide took me about a mile down the beach then finally dumped me back on shore....it feels good not drowning to death

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Wagon or regular Eagle?

2-door hatchback

I will say that for the hit it took, I'm surprised it didn't just crumple up. That AMC was built better than I thought. The semi jacknifed on the wet road (it was raining) and came across the median and hit me at highway speed. I was actually headed 180 degrees in the opposite direction when it came at me. Just before impact, I slammed on the brakes and the car spun. The first point of impact was the passenger side front corner. I then bounced off and hit the guard rail only to be crushed against it when the semi hit me a second time. The only part of the car that wasn't completely crushed was the immediate area I was sitting in. My car was also on fire. Thank the good Lord that the trucker wasn't hurt cause he put the fire out.

Like I said, there IS a God. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A friend has an extensive collection of AMC offerings including what you were driving. He is nuts for the things and has Avanti's, AMX's, Javilins and a few Waynes world pieces (the model escapes me). My favorite is the Gremlin X with the 401 4 speed and a Nash metro.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Lets see here Ive actually had a bunch in my life.

When i was born basically I was already dead not breathing at turning blue I was basically only 1-2seconds away from them stopping all help and declaring me dead.
    OH NO ZOMBIES!!!!
    Collapsed lung at 6 months
    hydrocephalus at 7 months
    shunt malfunction in 2000 which almost sent me in a coma(dr saying i was within 1-2hours).
    Those are my near death cases.

Now just the life altering stuff
    CP- tons of thearpy when i was young
    ROP from the oxygen used to save me. So basically blind completely in one eye and almost in the other with a chance of full and complete blindness.
    hydrocephalus- still have the stunt

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I got hit by a car that was going 60mph + while I was walking home from work after my car broke down. My elbow went completely through the guys windshield and my foot was crushed. A week in the hospital then 5 months of healing and rehab. The Man upstairs had His eye on me!

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    Roosevelt National Forest

Buddy and me went camping in CO just north of Rocky Mountain National Park, on a nice late June day. We found out that late June don't mean crap at 9k feet and it started to snow bowling balls from heaven. Literally 2 minutes from green to white everywhere.

We were on day 3 of our trip hiking, 3 days from the car. Young and not prepared, we were over burdened and quickly soaking wet. We invented (reinvented maybe) a new fire dance....Walked for hours and hours without even stopping for a break from fear we would never get up.

Fell in love with my car that day, frozen and feeling like death, my focus started on the first crank, and probably saved both my and my friends life.

We got some awesome pictures from that trip.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes. How many times depends on def of almost.
    Didn't you post something similiar a while back.
    Or was that something about scared?
    Dying can be scary.

Top Bottom