• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Guess what I got to do for my birthday....

IMG_20140218_114046_186_zpsina5utba.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As soon as the weather breaks, I will be pulling off my wheels and rebuilding my brake system. I have a leak in the right rear brake cylinder (brakes done by the same place that wrecked my Cherokee). I also have a bad caliper boot on the right front that needs replacing so I will rebuild those too. Then I will be able to pull it into the garage to do other repairs. I use my garage so I need to be able to pull it in and out.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    um...are those stab wounds?

My leaf spring came apart and stabbed my tire

As soon as the weather breaks, I will be pulling off my wheels and rebuilding my brake system. I have a leak in the right rear brake cylinder (brakes done by the same place that wrecked my Cherokee). I also have a bad caliper boot on the right front that needs replacing so I will rebuild those too. Then I will be able to pull it into the garage to do other repairs. I use my garage so I need to be able to pull it in and out.

I need to replace my shoes, drum, and rear cylinder s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Ford doesnt list it as a future vehicle on their website, so I think , once again, its a beautiful pipe dream.

The 2015 mustang looks cool though..

Its like a BMW m6 was on an American holiday, where she met a big tough mustang, they went to a parking garage for the night, and this is the result.

2015 Ford Mustang | Power for the Sports Car Obsessed | Ford.com

I'd be lying if I said the new Mustang didn't look sexy, but I wish they hand't incorporated so much of the Fusion design into the front end. The GT's back end though... ohhh yeahhhh.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.

me either...the springs came apart just enough to rub the inside of the tire and got it really hot, the tire aired down completely flat, then proceed to get stabbed in the fashion in the picture above.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I once had the right rear spring pack come loose on a 13 ton truck. I hit a bump, it exploded all its shims, then sheared off the bolts, taking the axle and the slip yoke with it. That was a fun day. Talk about listing to starboard.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I have cabin fever and don't feel like getting out in the cold and wet to work on my Jeep to fix the brakes. It is driving me nuts. So what have I been doing in the meantime? Buying tools and parts. So far I got a great deal on a SYE even though I don't need it yet. I got a great deal on a 29 spline 8.25 rear axle to replace my 27 spline axle even though I don't need it yet. I bought what is called a Cluster Bevel, basically the plastic piece that goes across the front that covers things like the radio and heater controls and goes across to the steering since a jackwad broke it stealing my radio and I bought a steering box brace. Picked up some welding equipment, metal working tools, and some SK wrenches. All good prices.

Next I am going to build a welding table since any that I have seen are really expensive. It will be sturdy enough with a 1/2 steel top to do some pounding on for some other metal work. Besides pounding my front end back into shape to remount replacement fenders I also will replace the sheet metal above the windshield since it is rusting and leaking and one quarter panel that is rusting. I also plan to weld in some rectangular tubing to replace the rocker panels to act as sliders. I will also re-glue new material on the headliner since it is completely loose. After I get all that done, then I hope to install my steering box brace and get a 4.5 long arm lift, 33in tires, and a replacement driveshaft. Another thing I would like to do later since I have two sets of front doors is take one set and cut them down to half doors for wheeling.

I also purchased plans for a tubing bender and maybe some day I will get around to building it. It uses a Harbor Freight air actuated 8 ton jack to actuate. The dies are the costly items. I think I would like to build a roll cage.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Well, I have cabin fever and don't feel like getting out in the cold and wet to work on my Jeep to fix the brakes. It is driving me nuts. So what have I been doing in the meantime? Buying tools and parts. So far I got a great deal on a SYE even though I don't need it yet. I got a great deal on a 29 spline 8.25 rear axle to replace my 27 spline axle even though I don't need it yet. I bought what is called a Cluster Bevel, basically the plastic piece that goes across the front that covers things like the radio and heater controls and goes across to the steering since a jackwad broke it stealing my radio and I bought a steering box brace. Picked up some welding equipment, metal working tools, and some SK wrenches. All good prices.

Next I am going to build a welding table since any that I have seen are really expensive. It will be sturdy enough with a 1/2 steel top to do some pounding on for some other metal work. Besides pounding my front end back into shape to remount replacement fenders I also will replace the sheet metal above the windshield since it is rusting and leaking and one quarter panel that is rusting. I also plan to weld in some rectangular tubing to replace the rocker panels to act as sliders. I will also re-glue new material on the headliner since it is completely loose. After I get all that done, then I hope to install my steering box brace and get a 4.5 long arm lift, 33in tires, and a replacement driveshaft. Another thing I would like to do later since I have two sets of front doors is take one set and cut them down to half doors for wheeling.

I also purchased plans for a tubing bender and maybe some day I will get around to building it. It uses a Harbor Freight air actuated 8 ton jack to actuate. The dies are the costly items. I think I would like to build a roll cage.

Oh nice! I need to build a welding table as well

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh nice! I need to build a welding table as well

We now have a Metal Supermarket in Indianapolis. I called them today and a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge mild steel is $105 or so. I plan to find out how much a 2ft by 4ft 1/2 steel plate costs and some 2" angle iron for legs and flats for braces cost. I don't have a lot of space with a 20x20 two car garage that is used by two cars so I need to keep it small enough to fit in. They will cut to size. Going there tomorrow to do some shopping.

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/location/indianapolis-east-store/

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    We now have a Metal Supermarket in Indianapolis. I called them today and a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge mild steel is $105 or so. I plan to find out how much a 2ft by 4ft 1/2 steel plate costs and some 2" angle iron for legs and flats for braces cost. I don't have a lot of space with a 20x20 two car garage that is used by two cars so I need to keep it small enough to fit in. They will cut to size. Going there tomorrow to do some shopping.

Indianapolis East Store - Metal Supermarkets

Check out kroots in Columbus...may or may not be a better deal.

Top Bottom